Tuesday, January 8, 2013
During the winter months, the Hood River County School District closely monitors current and projected weather conditions that could affect the transportation of students to and from school.
When adverse conditions exist, the transportation department begins monitoring roads at 4 a.m., working with local and state road crews to assess travel conditions. If it is determined roads are unsafe, school may be canceled or delayed by two hours to allow time for work crews to clear roads.
In the event school is canceled or delayed, this information is conveyed to parents, staff and the community via FlashAlert, Portland TV, and local radio stations by 6 a.m.
If a delay is scheduled due to inclement weather, schools will start two hours late. Doors will be open to students at the following times (Monday through Friday) for weather-delayed starts:
HRVHS, 9:45 a.m.
HR Middle, 9:30 a.m.
Cascade Locks, 9 a.m.
Wy’east Middle, 9:30 a.m.
Mid Valley Elem., 9:30 a.m.
May Street Elem., 9 a.m.
Westside Elem., 9:30 a.m.
Parkdale Elem., 9:30 a.m.
If the district must close a school or schools mid-day, the closure will be announced through the local media. Parents are encouraged to have a plan in place with their children for supervision should this occur. If special arrangements are needed, parents must notify the school office.
For more information contact your local school secretary or building administrator.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge