Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Hood River County Forestry and local mountain bike advocates are encouraging local trail users to submit letters of support for a trails grant application due next week. HRCF is in the process of gathering the letters and will submit them as supporting documents to go along with the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department Recreational Trails Program grant application.
The RTP grant would help fund equipment and trails used on county recreational trails for 2013-15. The application is the second RTP grant the county has applied for in the last few months. The first, submitted in November, is an ATV grant application.
The plan is for both grants to be used together to help purchase tools, materials, signage and a mini-excavator and rubber-tracked materials carrier for trail construction and maintenance.
The more letters the county can submit with the application the better. Letters should be clear and concise and voice support for HRCF recreational trails and continued improvements to them.
For questions, contact HRCF Manager Doug Thiesies at 541-387-6888. Letters may be submitted as follows but need to be signed and received by Jan. 14.
n E-mail to Thiesies at email@example.com; mail or hand deliver to HRCF office at 918 18th St., Hood River, OR 97031
n Mail to Mark Cowan, Oregon Parks and Recreation Deptartment grant program coordinator, 725 Summer St. N.E., Suite C, Salem, OR 97301.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill