Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Rep. Greg Walden will hold a town hall meeting in Hood River on Friday, 8-9 a.m. at Hood River Valley Adult Center.
Walden will discuss his efforts to provide tax relief for Oregon families and small businesses, grow our economy and balance the budget. Residents will also have the opportunity to ask questions and give their input for Walden’s “to do” list to take back to Washington, D.C.
The Hood River County town hall is part of a five-day swing with town hall meetings in eight counties in the Gorge and northeastern Oregon. Last year, Walden held 24 town hall meetings in the 20 counties in Oregon’s Second District.
“While the Congress and the country are facing very difficult, but very important, choices going forward, here at home there are many local issues that I’m focused on as well,” Walden said.
“Expanding access to broadband in rural areas, boosting our farm and ranch economies, improving management of our federal forests and taking care of those who wear — or who have worn —our nation’s uniform remain priorities for me.”
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge