Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Rep. Greg Walden will hold a town hall meeting in Hood River on Friday, 8-9 a.m. at Hood River Valley Adult Center.
Walden will discuss his efforts to provide tax relief for Oregon families and small businesses, grow our economy and balance the budget. Residents will also have the opportunity to ask questions and give their input for Walden’s “to do” list to take back to Washington, D.C.
The Hood River County town hall is part of a five-day swing with town hall meetings in eight counties in the Gorge and northeastern Oregon. Last year, Walden held 24 town hall meetings in the 20 counties in Oregon’s Second District.
“While the Congress and the country are facing very difficult, but very important, choices going forward, here at home there are many local issues that I’m focused on as well,” Walden said.
“Expanding access to broadband in rural areas, boosting our farm and ranch economies, improving management of our federal forests and taking care of those who wear — or who have worn —our nation’s uniform remain priorities for me.”
More like this story
- Gorge Independence Day: Your local guide to July 4th
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge