Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Rep. Greg Walden will hold a town hall meeting in Hood River on Friday, 8-9 a.m. at Hood River Valley Adult Center.
Walden will discuss his efforts to provide tax relief for Oregon families and small businesses, grow our economy and balance the budget. Residents will also have the opportunity to ask questions and give their input for Walden’s “to do” list to take back to Washington, D.C.
The Hood River County town hall is part of a five-day swing with town hall meetings in eight counties in the Gorge and northeastern Oregon. Last year, Walden held 24 town hall meetings in the 20 counties in Oregon’s Second District.
“While the Congress and the country are facing very difficult, but very important, choices going forward, here at home there are many local issues that I’m focused on as well,” Walden said.
“Expanding access to broadband in rural areas, boosting our farm and ranch economies, improving management of our federal forests and taking care of those who wear — or who have worn —our nation’s uniform remain priorities for me.”
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge