Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Rep. Greg Walden will hold a town hall meeting in Hood River on Friday, 8-9 a.m. at Hood River Valley Adult Center.
Walden will discuss his efforts to provide tax relief for Oregon families and small businesses, grow our economy and balance the budget. Residents will also have the opportunity to ask questions and give their input for Walden’s “to do” list to take back to Washington, D.C.
The Hood River County town hall is part of a five-day swing with town hall meetings in eight counties in the Gorge and northeastern Oregon. Last year, Walden held 24 town hall meetings in the 20 counties in Oregon’s Second District.
“While the Congress and the country are facing very difficult, but very important, choices going forward, here at home there are many local issues that I’m focused on as well,” Walden said.
“Expanding access to broadband in rural areas, boosting our farm and ranch economies, improving management of our federal forests and taking care of those who wear — or who have worn —our nation’s uniform remain priorities for me.”
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge