Friday, January 11, 2013
‘Soulcity’ at Waucoma Club
Geno Michaels & Soulcity is a high energy, ten-piece soul, R&B/funk band with a collection of some of the Northwest's best musicians. The band features Geno Michaels on keys, vocalists "Gigi" Wiggins and Alonzo Chadwick, Eldon “T ”Jones and Bryan Dickerson on saxes, Tom Barber on trumpet, Dave Iula on guitar, John Shaw on bass, and Ed Pierce on drums/percussion. Critics say “You'll leave a Soulcity show wanting more! Go check 'em out...you'll see what I'm talking about!” Catch them at the Waucoma Club in Hood River on Saturday, Jan. 19. The Waucoma Club, 207 Cascade Ave., Hood River; 541-387-2583.
Country Dance Jan. 12
On Saturday, Jan. 12, from 7-10 p.m., it’s the Second Saturday Country Dance at the Rockford Grange in Hood River. The caller will be Sue Baker from the Mid-Columbia area. The band will be the Mill Creek String Band also from the Mid-Columbia area. Dance lessons will begin at 7 p.m. All ages welcome. No partner required. Family friendly. All dances walked through first time.
The dance will be at the Rockford Grange, on Barrett Road, Hood River. $6 for members, $7 for non-members, $1 for youth and students. Please bring snack treats for break time. Call Keith Harding at 541-352-7550 or Tom Hons at 541-386-5771 for further information.
‘My Dinner Party’ starts Jan. 26
The 2013 “My Dinner Party” series launches at The Pines Tasting Room on Saturday, Jan. 26, from 6-8 p.m. This is a free event.
“My Dinner Party” is a series of dinner parties in which a rotating group of gracious and imaginative hosts open their homes for dinners, brunches and various soirees to benefit the Heart of Hospice Foundation.
Meet this year’s dinner hosts, enjoy appetizers and be the first to reserve your place at any of the dinners (online reservations will continue throughout the year for any unsold dinner spaces, after the launch party). The evening will also feature photos for sale by Gary and Jonathan Goatcher, with all proceeds benefiting the Heart of Hospice Foundation.
‘Strings’ at Naked Winery
Strings — music from Ben Bonham and Kerry Williams — happens from 7-10 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 12, at Naked Winery, 102 Second St., Hood River; 800-666-9303.
Entertainment listings can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
More like this story
- Service Announcements for Nov. 18 edition: Emidio Evangelista-Rodriguez and Kenneth Proctor
- Hood River power outage caused by vehicle accident
- ‘Smokeout’ Thursday encourages tobacco-free living
- Roots and Branches: ‘Melody of hope’
- Yesteryears: Partial eclipse hits Mid-Columbia in 1947
- Pick of the Week: Operation Christmas Child collection this week
- Strong Women get helping hand from Troop 282
- ‘Kitchen Table’ survey: City of Hood River seeks community input on housing
- Elks Students of the Month: Elks select Elizabeth Bailey, Alden Gendreau as October Students of the Month
- Leaf drop-off resumes at City Public Works
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge