Friday, January 11, 2013
Sport sturgeon retention season approved for Bonneville Pool
The recreational fishery for white sturgeon in the Bonneville Reservoir will be open seven days a week through Feb. 10. Fishery managers determined that closing the fishery to sturgeon retention on Feb. 11 will reserve about 850 fish for a summer season.
When sturgeon retention is not allowed, catch-and-release angling for sturgeon will still be allowed between the two dams. The section of the Columbia River and tributaries between The Dalles Dam and McNary Dam opened to sturgeon retention Jan. 1, per permanent rules.
Section of White Salmon Riverreopens for steelhead angling
The White Salmon River reopened Jan. 5 for steelhead fishing from the county road bridge below the former powerhouse to Northwestern Lake Road Bridge. The area has been closed for angling due to the decommissioning of Condit Dam in fall 2011 but has historically been a popular fishing area.
The daily limit is two hatchery steelhead. All other species, including salmon, must be released. This is consistent with regulations proposed for the 2013-14 pamphlet.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge