Friday, January 11, 2013
Sport sturgeon retention season approved for Bonneville Pool
The recreational fishery for white sturgeon in the Bonneville Reservoir will be open seven days a week through Feb. 10. Fishery managers determined that closing the fishery to sturgeon retention on Feb. 11 will reserve about 850 fish for a summer season.
When sturgeon retention is not allowed, catch-and-release angling for sturgeon will still be allowed between the two dams. The section of the Columbia River and tributaries between The Dalles Dam and McNary Dam opened to sturgeon retention Jan. 1, per permanent rules.
Section of White Salmon Riverreopens for steelhead angling
The White Salmon River reopened Jan. 5 for steelhead fishing from the county road bridge below the former powerhouse to Northwestern Lake Road Bridge. The area has been closed for angling due to the decommissioning of Condit Dam in fall 2011 but has historically been a popular fishing area.
The daily limit is two hatchery steelhead. All other species, including salmon, must be released. This is consistent with regulations proposed for the 2013-14 pamphlet.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge