Friday, January 11, 2013
HOOD RIVER — The next Gorge Soup will be Feb. 5, and diners and presenters are welcome to sign up.
Gorge Soup is a dinner event where people buy tickets, come to dinner and eat soup with other Gorge community members. While they eat, they listen to quick presentations given by people who are starting a new business, creating a new nonprofit or developing a new community solution.
At the end of the dinner, everyone votes for their favorite idea. The winner gets the ticket money to use to make his or her idea a reality.
The deadline to apply to compete for the prize money is Jan. 25. This is an extension from the previous deadline.
Applications are available online at http://gorge-soup.wordpress.com/apply-for-grant/.
Gorge Soup began in 2011 and has thus far produced three events for adult entrepreneurs and one for Gorge area students in grades K-12. Last year’s season resulted in a total of five new ventures receiving a total of more than $7,100 in support. Organizers say that at least three new Soup events have begun in Portland and Seattle, inspired by Gorge Soup.
Questions, sponsorships and all other inquiries can be sent to Gorge Soup at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Gorge Soup’s Facebook page: www.face-book.com/gorgesoup.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge