Friday, January 11, 2013
HOOD RIVER — The next Gorge Soup will be Feb. 5, and diners and presenters are welcome to sign up.
Gorge Soup is a dinner event where people buy tickets, come to dinner and eat soup with other Gorge community members. While they eat, they listen to quick presentations given by people who are starting a new business, creating a new nonprofit or developing a new community solution.
At the end of the dinner, everyone votes for their favorite idea. The winner gets the ticket money to use to make his or her idea a reality.
The deadline to apply to compete for the prize money is Jan. 25. This is an extension from the previous deadline.
Applications are available online at http://gorge-soup.wordpress.com/apply-for-grant/.
Gorge Soup began in 2011 and has thus far produced three events for adult entrepreneurs and one for Gorge area students in grades K-12. Last year’s season resulted in a total of five new ventures receiving a total of more than $7,100 in support. Organizers say that at least three new Soup events have begun in Portland and Seattle, inspired by Gorge Soup.
Questions, sponsorships and all other inquiries can be sent to Gorge Soup at email@example.com. Visit Gorge Soup’s Facebook page: www.face-book.com/gorgesoup.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge