Friday, January 11, 2013
Cascade Acupuncture Center, 104 Fifth St. in Hood River hosts the first Gorge Owned Business Network Gorge Green Drinks of 2013, on Jan. 17, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Owner Carola Stepper will speak about adopting business practices that are good for the health of employees and the environment.
Green Drinks is free and open to the public but a $5 donation is suggested at the door for all non-members of the Gorge Owned Business Network. Light appetizers will be provided by Knead Bakery and wine will be provided by Ovino Market.
Gorge Owned Business Network is the only Gorge-wide business network promoting local ownership and sustainability by encouraging residents and visitors to shift their spending from national chains to locally owned enterprises. For details to go:
www.gorgeowned.org GO! is a member of the Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE) and a program of the Columbia Gorge Earth Center.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge