Friday, January 11, 2013
Cascade Acupuncture Center, 104 Fifth St. in Hood River hosts the first Gorge Owned Business Network Gorge Green Drinks of 2013, on Jan. 17, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Owner Carola Stepper will speak about adopting business practices that are good for the health of employees and the environment.
Green Drinks is free and open to the public but a $5 donation is suggested at the door for all non-members of the Gorge Owned Business Network. Light appetizers will be provided by Knead Bakery and wine will be provided by Ovino Market.
Gorge Owned Business Network is the only Gorge-wide business network promoting local ownership and sustainability by encouraging residents and visitors to shift their spending from national chains to locally owned enterprises. For details to go:
www.gorgeowned.org GO! is a member of the Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE) and a program of the Columbia Gorge Earth Center.
More like this story
- Gorge Owned kicks ‘Green Drinks’ 2015
- Biz notes: Cascade Acupuncture honored, Full sail releases 'Brewer Share,' Riverside resturant boosts kids programs
- Green Drinks talks bicycles in Cascade Locks July 8
- Green Drinks meets
- Gorge Owned kicks off the New Year with Green Drinks at Volcanic Bottle Shoppe
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control