Friday, January 11, 2013
Cascade Acupuncture Center, 104 Fifth St. in Hood River hosts the first Gorge Owned Business Network Gorge Green Drinks of 2013, on Jan. 17, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Owner Carola Stepper will speak about adopting business practices that are good for the health of employees and the environment.
Green Drinks is free and open to the public but a $5 donation is suggested at the door for all non-members of the Gorge Owned Business Network. Light appetizers will be provided by Knead Bakery and wine will be provided by Ovino Market.
Gorge Owned Business Network is the only Gorge-wide business network promoting local ownership and sustainability by encouraging residents and visitors to shift their spending from national chains to locally owned enterprises. For details to go:
www.gorgeowned.org GO! is a member of the Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE) and a program of the Columbia Gorge Earth Center.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge