Friday, January 11, 2013
Several crashes have been reported on I-84 this morning due to ice on the highway.
Conditions appear to be particularly bad near Cascade Locks, where police and EMS have been responding throughout the morning.
One responding officer stated that the road was like "a sheet of ice."
ODOT crews are en route to gravel and sand the roadway.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge