Friday, January 11, 2013
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Izzy as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
“Izzy is about 5 months old, likely Manchester terrier mix, and weighs about 20-25 pounds. He’s young but has had his share of hard times and is ready for a loving, fun home.
“Izzy favors his front leg and after x-rays, we have learned that it’s from an old break to his shoulder that has shattered his socket and is not ever going to heal correctly. As he gets older, he may likely get arthritis at a younger age than other dogs, but that certainly does not stop Izzy from acting like a puppy now! Just watch his video on our website!
“The only evidence he shows of any kind of injury is that he sometimes favors that leg, but you’d never know it to watch him go! He doesn’t just romp about — he tears it up, man! Izzy is super spunky and silly and loves a good game of “run-around-anywhere” and once he gets that puppy energy flowing, he’s off — dancing about and chasing anything he can find! And then he crashes and needs a nap! He’s so silly to watch!
“Izzy also fancies himself a bit of a lap dog — that is until he finds something else to go explore. Izzy also bonds very closely with the people who have shown him any kindness and gets super-happy when they return.
“He is housetrained, crate trained, current on shots and micro-chipped, but too young for neuter. Izzy’s new owner should be aware that he may need extra veterinary care as he gets older.”
The adoption fee for Izzy is $150, plus neuter deposit; cash or check only, please. The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of the shelter’s dogs are in foster care, please call ahead to meet Izzy at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at www.hoodriveradoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
The Adopt A Dog program offers 24PetWatch microchips, which include free registration into the 24PetWatch pet recovery service. (For more information visit www.24petwatch.com or call 866-597-2424.).
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Rocket the puppy loves tennis balls and snuggle time
- Pet of the Week: Howie is small and spunky
- PET OF THE WEEK: Brody is ‘one goofy, goofy boy’
- Pet of the Week: Calvin is a happy, playful Terrier looking for his forever home
- Pet of the Week: JellyBean is still waiting for his forever family
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge