Friday, January 11, 2013
Oregon Sen. Ron Wyden’s past town hall meetings have been in courthouses, granges and community halls.
Schools will be the venues on Jan. 17 for the Portland Democrat’s annual town hall meetings in Wasco and Hood River counties.
Wyden has been holding town halls in every Oregon county every year beginning in 1996.
The Hood River meeting will be at 1 p.m. in the Hood River Middle School, 1602 May St.
In The Dalles, the meeting will be at 9:30 a.m. at The Dalles-Wahtonka High School, 220 E. 10th St.
HRMS students are being allowed to attend the town hall, by filling out a brief application form stating why they want to attend and what two questions they would ask the senator. Principal Brent Emmons said he anticipates up to about 100 students to be there. Seventh-grader Kaitlyn McAllister will sing the national anthem and a flag ceremony will be presented by Boy Scouts from Troop 282, who are HRMS students. After the town hall, Wyden will speak to Sarah Segal’s Constitution class.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge