Friday, January 11, 2013
Oregon Sen. Ron Wyden’s past town hall meetings have been in courthouses, granges and community halls.
Schools will be the venues on Jan. 17 for the Portland Democrat’s annual town hall meetings in Wasco and Hood River counties.
Wyden has been holding town halls in every Oregon county every year beginning in 1996.
The Hood River meeting will be at 1 p.m. in the Hood River Middle School, 1602 May St.
In The Dalles, the meeting will be at 9:30 a.m. at The Dalles-Wahtonka High School, 220 E. 10th St.
HRMS students are being allowed to attend the town hall, by filling out a brief application form stating why they want to attend and what two questions they would ask the senator. Principal Brent Emmons said he anticipates up to about 100 students to be there. Seventh-grader Kaitlyn McAllister will sing the national anthem and a flag ceremony will be presented by Boy Scouts from Troop 282, who are HRMS students. After the town hall, Wyden will speak to Sarah Segal’s Constitution class.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge