Friday, January 11, 2013
Oregon Sen. Ron Wyden’s past town hall meetings have been in courthouses, granges and community halls.
Schools will be the venues on Jan. 17 for the Portland Democrat’s annual town hall meetings in Wasco and Hood River counties.
Wyden has been holding town halls in every Oregon county every year beginning in 1996.
The Hood River meeting will be at 1 p.m. in the Hood River Middle School, 1602 May St.
In The Dalles, the meeting will be at 9:30 a.m. at The Dalles-Wahtonka High School, 220 E. 10th St.
HRMS students are being allowed to attend the town hall, by filling out a brief application form stating why they want to attend and what two questions they would ask the senator. Principal Brent Emmons said he anticipates up to about 100 students to be there. Seventh-grader Kaitlyn McAllister will sing the national anthem and a flag ceremony will be presented by Boy Scouts from Troop 282, who are HRMS students. After the town hall, Wyden will speak to Sarah Segal’s Constitution class.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge