Friday, January 11, 2013
Oregon Sen. Ron Wyden’s past town hall meetings have been in courthouses, granges and community halls.
Schools will be the venues on Jan. 17 for the Portland Democrat’s annual town hall meetings in Wasco and Hood River counties.
Wyden has been holding town halls in every Oregon county every year beginning in 1996.
The Hood River meeting will be at 1 p.m. in the Hood River Middle School, 1602 May St.
In The Dalles, the meeting will be at 9:30 a.m. at The Dalles-Wahtonka High School, 220 E. 10th St.
HRMS students are being allowed to attend the town hall, by filling out a brief application form stating why they want to attend and what two questions they would ask the senator. Principal Brent Emmons said he anticipates up to about 100 students to be there. Seventh-grader Kaitlyn McAllister will sing the national anthem and a flag ceremony will be presented by Boy Scouts from Troop 282, who are HRMS students. After the town hall, Wyden will speak to Sarah Segal’s Constitution class.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge