Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Full Sail Brewing has announced the release of a new rotating line of classic ales called the Pub Series.
“Anyone lucky enough to stop for a pint at our pub in Hood River will tell you: It’s a spectacular place to share a beer with friends. The Full Sail Pub Series is our attempt to capture that experience in a bottle and share it with all our customers who have not had a chance to see us firsthand,” said Irene Firmat, Full Sail Brewing’s co-founder and CEO.
“The rotating series features ales previously enjoyed only by guests at the brewery. Each selection will be available for only 90 days before the next gets its turn to shine. Just like each epic season in the Gorge.”
The first beer in the series is Nut Brown Ale, a smooth, malty and easy-drinking dark beer.
“Our British-style Nut Brown Ale helps fuel the stories of deep powder and epic yard sales,” said Jamie Emmerson, Full Sail Brewing’s executive brewmaster.
“The combination of two-row pale, crystal and chocolate malts impart an array of malt and chocolate flavors in a medium bodied ale with an extremely smooth palate. Nut Brown Ale drinks smooth and easy so those epic tales can go on and on. Fuggle and Mt. Hood hops contribute a slightly spicy aroma and finish to complement this beer’s malt character,” Emmerson said.
Nut Brown Ale is available in six-packs and on draft for 90 days until March, when the next beer in the series will be released.
More like this story
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
- HRVST Osprey swimmers post state-qualifying times at Howard Jones invitationals in Gresham
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge