Tuesday, January 15, 2013
The second-ranked Horizon Christian School boys basketball team readied itself for a Tuesday night first-place showdown against fifth-ranked South Wasco County with two Big Sky Conference wins this past weekend.
The Hawks defeated Dufur, 92-47, Friday and toppled Arlington, 47-21, on Saturday to improve to 16-0 overall and 5-0 in league games. South Wasco is 13-2 overall and 6-0 in league. (Results of Tuesday’s game will be posted online and in Saturday’s Hood River News.)
The Horizon girls lost to Dufur on Friday, 54-13, slipping to 1-3 in league play and 4-10 overall. Katie Tolbert led Horizon in scoring with nine points.
Horizon was scheduled to play at Condon-Wheeler in Fossil on Friday and has a home game Saturday against Nixyaawii.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge