Tuesday, January 15, 2013
The second-ranked Horizon Christian School boys basketball team readied itself for a Tuesday night first-place showdown against fifth-ranked South Wasco County with two Big Sky Conference wins this past weekend.
The Hawks defeated Dufur, 92-47, Friday and toppled Arlington, 47-21, on Saturday to improve to 16-0 overall and 5-0 in league games. South Wasco is 13-2 overall and 6-0 in league. (Results of Tuesday’s game will be posted online and in Saturday’s Hood River News.)
The Horizon girls lost to Dufur on Friday, 54-13, slipping to 1-3 in league play and 4-10 overall. Katie Tolbert led Horizon in scoring with nine points.
Horizon was scheduled to play at Condon-Wheeler in Fossil on Friday and has a home game Saturday against Nixyaawii.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge