Tuesday, January 15, 2013
The second-ranked Horizon Christian School boys basketball team readied itself for a Tuesday night first-place showdown against fifth-ranked South Wasco County with two Big Sky Conference wins this past weekend.
The Hawks defeated Dufur, 92-47, Friday and toppled Arlington, 47-21, on Saturday to improve to 16-0 overall and 5-0 in league games. South Wasco is 13-2 overall and 6-0 in league. (Results of Tuesday’s game will be posted online and in Saturday’s Hood River News.)
The Horizon girls lost to Dufur on Friday, 54-13, slipping to 1-3 in league play and 4-10 overall. Katie Tolbert led Horizon in scoring with nine points.
Horizon was scheduled to play at Condon-Wheeler in Fossil on Friday and has a home game Saturday against Nixyaawii.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge