Tuesday, January 15, 2013
The second-ranked Horizon Christian School boys basketball team readied itself for a Tuesday night first-place showdown against fifth-ranked South Wasco County with two Big Sky Conference wins this past weekend.
The Hawks defeated Dufur, 92-47, Friday and toppled Arlington, 47-21, on Saturday to improve to 16-0 overall and 5-0 in league games. South Wasco is 13-2 overall and 6-0 in league. (Results of Tuesday’s game will be posted online and in Saturday’s Hood River News.)
The Horizon girls lost to Dufur on Friday, 54-13, slipping to 1-3 in league play and 4-10 overall. Katie Tolbert led Horizon in scoring with nine points.
Horizon was scheduled to play at Condon-Wheeler in Fossil on Friday and has a home game Saturday against Nixyaawii.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge