Tuesday, January 15, 2013
The second-ranked Horizon Christian School boys basketball team readied itself for a Tuesday night first-place showdown against fifth-ranked South Wasco County with two Big Sky Conference wins this past weekend.
The Hawks defeated Dufur, 92-47, Friday and toppled Arlington, 47-21, on Saturday to improve to 16-0 overall and 5-0 in league games. South Wasco is 13-2 overall and 6-0 in league. (Results of Tuesday’s game will be posted online and in Saturday’s Hood River News.)
The Horizon girls lost to Dufur on Friday, 54-13, slipping to 1-3 in league play and 4-10 overall. Katie Tolbert led Horizon in scoring with nine points.
Horizon was scheduled to play at Condon-Wheeler in Fossil on Friday and has a home game Saturday against Nixyaawii.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge