Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Local youth competed in two recent free-throw contests; one sponsored by Mid-Columbia Council of the Knights of Columbus and the other by the Hood River Elks Lodge.
Division winners for the Elks were: Danny Trejo and Brynne Holman (age 8-9), Grayson Losee and Emily Curtis (age 10-11) and Isaac Beaman and Bailey Frazier (age 12-13). These young hoopsters earned trophies and the chance to shoot at the Jan. 19 district competition in Hermiston.
Knights of Columbus contest winners were: Noah Webster and Kaitlyn McNerney (age 10), Isaac Phelps and Emily Curtis (age 11), Isaac Beaman and Katie Kennedy (age 12) and Cody Wheat (age 14). These athletes also earned trophies and will advance to the district contest held next month in Hood River.
Credit and thanks go to Hood River Valley High School coaches Steve Noteboom and Tom Ames, and their staff of high school basketball players who supported the contests as part of their annual winter vacation basketball camp.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 30
- Vital Content: The Web would be sparse landscape without newspapers
- Love Your Columbia In CL, tribal leaders lead salmon viewing Oct. 8
- Warm Springs tribe member describes Dakota pipeline experiences Oct. 4 at RCC
- Church Notes: ‘Die Wise’ book program starts Sunday at Riverside
- Ribbon cutting at Museum
- Mediation training at Six Rivers starts Oct. 6
- May Street celebrates Walk/Bike to School Day
- Food insecurity: 'Harvesting’ art exhibit, meal and public conversation in downtown HR Oct. 7
- 12th Street opens
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge