Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Local youth competed in two recent free-throw contests; one sponsored by Mid-Columbia Council of the Knights of Columbus and the other by the Hood River Elks Lodge.
Division winners for the Elks were: Danny Trejo and Brynne Holman (age 8-9), Grayson Losee and Emily Curtis (age 10-11) and Isaac Beaman and Bailey Frazier (age 12-13). These young hoopsters earned trophies and the chance to shoot at the Jan. 19 district competition in Hermiston.
Knights of Columbus contest winners were: Noah Webster and Kaitlyn McNerney (age 10), Isaac Phelps and Emily Curtis (age 11), Isaac Beaman and Katie Kennedy (age 12) and Cody Wheat (age 14). These athletes also earned trophies and will advance to the district contest held next month in Hood River.
Credit and thanks go to Hood River Valley High School coaches Steve Noteboom and Tom Ames, and their staff of high school basketball players who supported the contests as part of their annual winter vacation basketball camp.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge