Tuesday, January 15, 2013
The Hood River Saturday Market is accepting applications for board members. Our organization has been operating in Hood River for over 23 years. Our focus is on promoting local artists, craftsmen and produce vendors in the Gorge by hosting a weekly market every Saturday from May through September in Hood River.
If you are a supporter of local markets, and have an interest in supporting this great organization, you can apply by submitting an application to: Hood River Saturday Market, PO Box 1101, Hood River, OR 97031. You are welcome to attend a board meeting as well. The board meets in Hood River the first Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. Call 971-258-1446 for the specific location, for more information, or about joining our board. We are looking for four to six board members to join. Applicants should be able to commit to monthly meetings in Hood River and to participating in various projects and work groups.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 23 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Helping kids be better readers is a SMART move
- Monday in CL: Fire recovery information presented at Port Pavilion
- Thank you, firefighters
- Summer of Smoke
- Foundation gives $50,000 to library for collections, projects
- Another Voice: Finding ‘Best of All Worlds’ in the area of cell tower permit requests
- Hawk Migration Festival Sept. 23
- ‘Rosencrantz and Guildenstern’ Sunday
- Fun, or learning, or both: A week full of local events and activities
"The tangled skirt" opens run at unique venue
Director Judie Hanel presents the Steve Braunstein play “The Tangled Skirt” in an unusual theatrical setting, River Daze Café. Here, Bailey Brice (Bruce Howard) arrives at a small town bus station and has a fateful encounter with Rhonda Claire (Desiree Amyx Mackintosh). Small talk turns into a deadly game of cat and mouse and both seek advantage. The actors present the story as a staged reading in the café, where large windows and street lights lend themselves to the bus station setting, according to Hanel. Performances are 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 28, Saturday, Sept. 30 and Sunday, Oct. 1. (There is no Friday performance.) Tickets available at the door or Waucoma Bookstore: $15 adults, $12 seniors and children under 15. No children under 9. Enlarge