Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Cold and sunny conditions with fresh sparkling dry snow set the stage for the HRV Nordic Team’s race at Hoodoo Ski area Saturday morning near Sisters. The race was the second of the Oregon High School Nordic Organization season and was hosted by teams from Corvallis, Crescent Valley and Sisters.
With ideal conditions underfoot, both HRV boys and girls teams placed third overall in the 5K skate style race.
Sam Wiley led the boys team with a time of 16:30; good enough for sixth place. He was backed by Nils Engbersen in 16th, followed by Mason McDowell, Billy Edwards and Alex Chadney.
The HRV girls were led by a strong 10th-place finish from Petra Knapp, with a time of 21:38. Delia Dolan was second for HRV in 18th place, followed by Miranda Starr, Eva Kahn and Althea Dillon. Freshmen Victoria Kohner-Flanagan and Lauren Robinson finished out the girls team for a strong showing.
A relay followed the race with the HRV combination of Sam Wiley, Mason McDowell, and Billy Edwards placing third. HRV girls also placed third in the relay with the team of Miranda Starr, Delia Dolan and Petra Knapp.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge