Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Cold and sunny conditions with fresh sparkling dry snow set the stage for the HRV Nordic Team’s race at Hoodoo Ski area Saturday morning near Sisters. The race was the second of the Oregon High School Nordic Organization season and was hosted by teams from Corvallis, Crescent Valley and Sisters.
With ideal conditions underfoot, both HRV boys and girls teams placed third overall in the 5K skate style race.
Sam Wiley led the boys team with a time of 16:30; good enough for sixth place. He was backed by Nils Engbersen in 16th, followed by Mason McDowell, Billy Edwards and Alex Chadney.
The HRV girls were led by a strong 10th-place finish from Petra Knapp, with a time of 21:38. Delia Dolan was second for HRV in 18th place, followed by Miranda Starr, Eva Kahn and Althea Dillon. Freshmen Victoria Kohner-Flanagan and Lauren Robinson finished out the girls team for a strong showing.
A relay followed the race with the HRV combination of Sam Wiley, Mason McDowell, and Billy Edwards placing third. HRV girls also placed third in the relay with the team of Miranda Starr, Delia Dolan and Petra Knapp.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge