Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Inside Out Fitness, the longtime personal training company in the Gorge, has announced it is opening a new studio at 15 Third St.
Owner and chief trainer Rick Dant said the new studio will be the company’s first studio in the Columbia River Gorge.
“Functional Training” in Wikipedia means exactly that: You take what you learn in a session and apply it directly to your needs.
“The opening of Inside Out Fitness’ new Hood River office is an important step toward realizing our goal of helping get as many people in the Gorge as fit as possible, so that they live long, productive lives and not just long lives,” says Dant.
Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people live a more fulfilled, longer life with as little pain as you age as possible. Inside Out Fitness currently serves its clients six days a week.
For more information about Inside Out Fitness, visit www.rickinsideoutfit-ness.vpweb.com, or call 541-490-8717.
More like this story
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge