Tuesday, January 15, 2013
WHITE SALMON — Gorge residents are invited to a musical celebration of the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on Jan. 21 at 6:30 p.m.
The celebration, sponsored by Gorge Ecumenical Ministries, will feature a variety of local musicians — including vocalist and pianist Tim Mayer and the Riverside Church Gospel Choir, directed by Perry Cole.
“We will gather to reflect upon and celebrate the spirit-filled, justice-oriented work of King,” said event organizer Rev. John Boonstra. “It will be a lively and inspiring evening.”
The event will take place at Bethel Congregational Church in White Salmon, Wash., at 480 E. Jewett Blvd. It is free and open to the public.
Donations will be accepted to benefit the work of Peace Village, an interfaith program that introduces children and youth in our communities to the principles and experience of non-violent conflict resolution.
More like this story
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge