Tuesday, January 15, 2013
WHITE SALMON — Gorge residents are invited to a musical celebration of the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on Jan. 21 at 6:30 p.m.
The celebration, sponsored by Gorge Ecumenical Ministries, will feature a variety of local musicians — including vocalist and pianist Tim Mayer and the Riverside Church Gospel Choir, directed by Perry Cole.
“We will gather to reflect upon and celebrate the spirit-filled, justice-oriented work of King,” said event organizer Rev. John Boonstra. “It will be a lively and inspiring evening.”
The event will take place at Bethel Congregational Church in White Salmon, Wash., at 480 E. Jewett Blvd. It is free and open to the public.
Donations will be accepted to benefit the work of Peace Village, an interfaith program that introduces children and youth in our communities to the principles and experience of non-violent conflict resolution.
More like this story
- Raffle winner announced
- ‘Santa’s Surprise’ comes to WAAAM
- Police Log, Nov. 20 to 26
- CGCAN hosts holiday party Dec. 20
- Lighted fire trucks roll Dec. 11 to 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 9
- Good Cheer: Small adjustments keep help flowing
- Editor's Notebook: A modest, six-figure solution to NCAA coaching salary excess
- Church News: Updated for Dec. 9 edition
- HRV girls basketball win in the final seconds at home