Tuesday, January 15, 2013
WHITE SALMON — Gorge residents are invited to a musical celebration of the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on Jan. 21 at 6:30 p.m.
The celebration, sponsored by Gorge Ecumenical Ministries, will feature a variety of local musicians — including vocalist and pianist Tim Mayer and the Riverside Church Gospel Choir, directed by Perry Cole.
“We will gather to reflect upon and celebrate the spirit-filled, justice-oriented work of King,” said event organizer Rev. John Boonstra. “It will be a lively and inspiring evening.”
The event will take place at Bethel Congregational Church in White Salmon, Wash., at 480 E. Jewett Blvd. It is free and open to the public.
Donations will be accepted to benefit the work of Peace Village, an interfaith program that introduces children and youth in our communities to the principles and experience of non-violent conflict resolution.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge