Tuesday, January 15, 2013
WHITE SALMON — Gorge residents are invited to a musical celebration of the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on Jan. 21 at 6:30 p.m.
The celebration, sponsored by Gorge Ecumenical Ministries, will feature a variety of local musicians — including vocalist and pianist Tim Mayer and the Riverside Church Gospel Choir, directed by Perry Cole.
“We will gather to reflect upon and celebrate the spirit-filled, justice-oriented work of King,” said event organizer Rev. John Boonstra. “It will be a lively and inspiring evening.”
The event will take place at Bethel Congregational Church in White Salmon, Wash., at 480 E. Jewett Blvd. It is free and open to the public.
Donations will be accepted to benefit the work of Peace Village, an interfaith program that introduces children and youth in our communities to the principles and experience of non-violent conflict resolution.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge