Tuesday, January 15, 2013
WHITE SALMON — Gorge residents are invited to a musical celebration of the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on Jan. 21 at 6:30 p.m.
The celebration, sponsored by Gorge Ecumenical Ministries, will feature a variety of local musicians — including vocalist and pianist Tim Mayer and the Riverside Church Gospel Choir, directed by Perry Cole.
“We will gather to reflect upon and celebrate the spirit-filled, justice-oriented work of King,” said event organizer Rev. John Boonstra. “It will be a lively and inspiring evening.”
The event will take place at Bethel Congregational Church in White Salmon, Wash., at 480 E. Jewett Blvd. It is free and open to the public.
Donations will be accepted to benefit the work of Peace Village, an interfaith program that introduces children and youth in our communities to the principles and experience of non-violent conflict resolution.
More like this story
- Death notices for Oct. 22: Ellyn Kane, George Kimball, Kenneth Leibham and Barbara Pink
- Service Announcements for Oct. 22: Louise Neitch and Betty Johnson
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge