Tuesday, January 15, 2013
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Wilson as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
“Wilson is 11 months old and, according to his previous owner, an Aussie/Lab mix. He’s 80 pounds of adoring energy and affection.
“Wilson has lived with kids as young as 2 and we are told he is very well behaved with them. He’s great on a leash and knows basic commands and is so smart, learning more should come easily.
“Plain and simple, Wilson is a wonderful, playful, sweet big boy looking for a home to call his own — for good this time! Check out his video on our website.”
Wilson is current on shots, micro-chipped and neutered. The adoption fee for Wilson is $185; cash or check only, please. The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of AAD’s dogs are in foster homes, please call ahead to meet Wilson at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at www.hood-riveradoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
The Adopt A Dog program offers 24PetWatch microchips, which include free registration into the 24PetWatch pet recovery service. (For more information visit www.24pet-watch.com or call 866-597-2424.)
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge