Friday, January 18, 2013
The Oregon Women Lawyers Book Drive to benefit the library at Coffee Creek Correctional Facility will take place through Feb. 15.
Collection boxes are on the third floors of the Wasco and Hood River courthouses. All fiction is acceptable. Nonfiction is also acceptable, but no true crime, gambling, law or textbooks.
Mysteries, romance, and science fiction/fantasy are the most popular. Children’s books are welcome; there is a need for children’s foreign language books.
Books written for young adults are particularly needed.
Call Judge Janet Stauffer with any questions, at 541-506-2710. The women at Coffee Creek have a wide range of reading abilities.
“If you read a book and liked it, chances are that someone at Coffee Creek will too,” Stauffer said.
Books must be in good to excellent condition. The CCCF library is a circulating library so a book that is in only fair shape to begin with just won’t last very long.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control