Friday, January 18, 2013
The Oregon Women Lawyers Book Drive to benefit the library at Coffee Creek Correctional Facility will take place through Feb. 15.
Collection boxes are on the third floors of the Wasco and Hood River courthouses. All fiction is acceptable. Nonfiction is also acceptable, but no true crime, gambling, law or textbooks.
Mysteries, romance, and science fiction/fantasy are the most popular. Children’s books are welcome; there is a need for children’s foreign language books.
Books written for young adults are particularly needed.
Call Judge Janet Stauffer with any questions, at 541-506-2710. The women at Coffee Creek have a wide range of reading abilities.
“If you read a book and liked it, chances are that someone at Coffee Creek will too,” Stauffer said.
Books must be in good to excellent condition. The CCCF library is a circulating library so a book that is in only fair shape to begin with just won’t last very long.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda