Friday, January 18, 2013
Monday, Jan. 21, is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a federal holiday.
The following will be closed in observance of the holiday:
Federal, state and county offices
Hood River County School District
Horizon Christian School
The Hood River Aquatic Center will hold a special open swim from 1-3:30 p.m. for $1.
Hood River Garbage will be running on its usual schedule, and its office will be open.
The Hood River News office will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
More like this story
- Distillers’ welcome
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 14 edition
- Wyden joins colleagues urging gun violence research renewal
- Sheriff Log, Sept. 22 to Oct. 8
- Police Log, Oct. 2 to 8
- HRV boys soccer continues to battle despite ‘ugly’ play
- Kegler's Corner: Riggleman and Goss Light ‘Em Up
- Sports briefs for Oct. 14
- Strength After Breast Cancer class Oct. 25
- HAHRC Beats: Get into Gorge Happiness Month
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge