Friday, January 18, 2013
The launch party for the annual “My Dinner Party” series will happen Jan. 26, 6-8 p.m. at The Pines Tasting Room in Hood River. This is a free event. The series features a rotating group of hosts who open their homes for dinners, brunches and various soirees to benefit the Heart of Hospice Foundation.
Meet the dinner hosts, enjoy appetizers and wine and reserve your place at any of the dinners. For more info contact Cathy Carter at 541-490-2368 or Cathy@heartofhospice.org or visit mydinnerpartyseries.org.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge