Friday, January 18, 2013
The launch party for the annual “My Dinner Party” series will happen Jan. 26, 6-8 p.m. at The Pines Tasting Room in Hood River. This is a free event. The series features a rotating group of hosts who open their homes for dinners, brunches and various soirees to benefit the Heart of Hospice Foundation.
Meet the dinner hosts, enjoy appetizers and wine and reserve your place at any of the dinners. For more info contact Cathy Carter at 541-490-2368 or Cathy@heartofhospice.org or visit mydinnerpartyseries.org.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge