Friday, January 18, 2013
Whatever your musical tastes — jazz, Irish dance music or vocal pop — you’ll enjoy a special evening with some talented local musicians on Thursday, Jan. 24.
The Pines is playing host to a special fundraiser for the Hood River Valley High School Chamber Singers’ upcoming tour to Ireland. On the bill are the high school’s Aurora vocal ensemble, which features tight vocal harmonies framed by piano and percussion; with local Irish band Barley Draught and popular jazz artist Tim Mayer and the Groove Project.
A suggested $10 donation will benefit the high school and of course, beverages will be available. The show begins at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge