Friday, January 18, 2013
Whatever your musical tastes — jazz, Irish dance music or vocal pop — you’ll enjoy a special evening with some talented local musicians on Thursday, Jan. 24.
The Pines is playing host to a special fundraiser for the Hood River Valley High School Chamber Singers’ upcoming tour to Ireland. On the bill are the high school’s Aurora vocal ensemble, which features tight vocal harmonies framed by piano and percussion; with local Irish band Barley Draught and popular jazz artist Tim Mayer and the Groove Project.
A suggested $10 donation will benefit the high school and of course, beverages will be available. The show begins at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge