Friday, January 18, 2013
Hood River Rotary Club will host its annual Rotary Ski Night Monday at Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort.
This evening is a fundraiser to generate funds for the club’s annual scholarship program that benefits students at Hood River Valley High School.
Cost is $10 for this major fundraiser for the Hood River Rotary’s community service projects. Tickets are good from 2-9 p.m.
Rotary officials said Mt. Hood Meadows has made a pledge to donate an additional $1 for every online ticket purchased in advance, up to $1,250.
This is a special fundraiser that requires the $10 lift ticket in order to ride lifts after the normal 4 p.m. operating schedule. Season pass holders, 10 Time Pass holders and other pre-purchased Meadows tickets are valid from normal lift scheduled opening times through 4 p.m.
If you want to board lifts after 4 p.m., you’ll be able to purchase the $10 lift ticket from Rotary, and support the fundraiser.
To purchase lift tickets, visit http://bit.ly/VNap0Y.
For additional information visit http://bit.ly/U4Iuso.
Rotary’s main objective is service — in the community, in the workplace, and around the globe. The 1.2 million Rotarians who make up more than 34,000 Rotary clubs worldwide share a dedication to the ideal of Service Above Self.
Rotary clubs are open to people of all cultures and ethnicities and are not affiliated with any political or religious organizations.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge