Friday, January 18, 2013
A Celebration of Life for John Bennett, who passed away Jan. 1, 2013, will be held at the Hood River Valley Adult Center at 2010 Sterling Place on Sunday, Jan. 20, at 1:30 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, P.O. Box 25, Hood River, OR 97031.
(Turn to page A9 for a story on John Bennett.)
A celebration of life and potluck for Edward Oliver Holmer, who died Jan. 4, 2013, is planned for Jan. 19 at 4 p.m. at Hood River Golf and Country Club, 1850 Country Club Road.
It would help the family if those planning to attend would RSVP to Kim Chadney at 541-490-3147 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Death notices for April 29: Martha Fitzgerald and Dorthalee Garrett
- Service announcements for April 29: Louis Herzberg, Sami Jo Neil and Hester Feely
- ‘Kindergarten Roundup’ May 1-5 for Hood River County School District
- Students ‘Make a Difference’
- Pick of the Week: Lions Follies benefit Oregon Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Farming film screening and discussion happen April 27
- Rotary Peace Pole
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lure of Hood River Valley’ booklet available in 1927
- Letters to the Editor for April 26
- See Follies: Four strong reasons to attend a classic community event
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge