Friday, January 18, 2013
A Celebration of Life for John Bennett, who passed away Jan. 1, 2013, will be held at the Hood River Valley Adult Center at 2010 Sterling Place on Sunday, Jan. 20, at 1:30 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, P.O. Box 25, Hood River, OR 97031.
(Turn to page A9 for a story on John Bennett.)
A celebration of life and potluck for Edward Oliver Holmer, who died Jan. 4, 2013, is planned for Jan. 19 at 4 p.m. at Hood River Golf and Country Club, 1850 Country Club Road.
It would help the family if those planning to attend would RSVP to Kim Chadney at 541-490-3147 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Death announcement for May 23: Anna Olson
- Hood River Valley wins 5A boys track title
- Water bottling ban passes, legal questions remain
- Murder suspect bails out, gets jailed again
- On the Marks: Dist. 52 candidates talk next moves
- Women pastors lead all three UCC congregations in the Gorge
- Fresh Start Culinary Arts seeks applicants for summer
- ‘Reimagine Education’ community forum happens May 26
- Entertainment update
- Letters to the editor
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge