Friday, January 18, 2013
A Celebration of Life for John Bennett, who passed away Jan. 1, 2013, will be held at the Hood River Valley Adult Center at 2010 Sterling Place on Sunday, Jan. 20, at 1:30 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, P.O. Box 25, Hood River, OR 97031.
(Turn to page A9 for a story on John Bennett.)
A celebration of life and potluck for Edward Oliver Holmer, who died Jan. 4, 2013, is planned for Jan. 19 at 4 p.m. at Hood River Golf and Country Club, 1850 Country Club Road.
It would help the family if those planning to attend would RSVP to Kim Chadney at 541-490-3147 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge