Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Popular local jazz artist Tim Mayer and the Groove Project are pulling out the stops to support the HRVHS Chamber Singers’ upcoming tour to Ireland.
Joined by the local Irish band Barley Draught and Aurora, the new HRV pop vocal ensemble, the music will be wild, rich and rousing this Thursday night.
In addition to Mayer’s smooth vocals and fine piano riffs, Aurora will feature tight vocal harmonies framed by piano and percussion.
Rounding out the music team, Barley Draught is known for roguish Irish sing-a-longs.
A suggested $10 donation will benefit the high school and of course, beverages will be available. The show begins at 7 p.m. at The Pines Tasting Room in Hood River.
The Pines Tasting Room, 202 State St., Hood River; 541-993-8301.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge