Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Popular local jazz artist Tim Mayer and the Groove Project are pulling out the stops to support the HRVHS Chamber Singers’ upcoming tour to Ireland.
Joined by the local Irish band Barley Draught and Aurora, the new HRV pop vocal ensemble, the music will be wild, rich and rousing this Thursday night.
In addition to Mayer’s smooth vocals and fine piano riffs, Aurora will feature tight vocal harmonies framed by piano and percussion.
Rounding out the music team, Barley Draught is known for roguish Irish sing-a-longs.
A suggested $10 donation will benefit the high school and of course, beverages will be available. The show begins at 7 p.m. at The Pines Tasting Room in Hood River.
The Pines Tasting Room, 202 State St., Hood River; 541-993-8301.
More like this story
- Distillers’ welcome
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 14 edition
- Wyden joins colleagues urging gun violence research renewal
- Sheriff Log, Sept. 22 to Oct. 8
- Police Log, Oct. 2 to 8
- HRV boys soccer continues to battle despite ‘ugly’ play
- Kegler's Corner: Riggleman and Goss Light ‘Em Up
- Sports briefs for Oct. 14
- Strength After Breast Cancer class Oct. 25
- HAHRC Beats: Get into Gorge Happiness Month
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge