Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Popular local jazz artist Tim Mayer and the Groove Project are pulling out the stops to support the HRVHS Chamber Singers’ upcoming tour to Ireland.
Joined by the local Irish band Barley Draught and Aurora, the new HRV pop vocal ensemble, the music will be wild, rich and rousing this Thursday night.
In addition to Mayer’s smooth vocals and fine piano riffs, Aurora will feature tight vocal harmonies framed by piano and percussion.
Rounding out the music team, Barley Draught is known for roguish Irish sing-a-longs.
A suggested $10 donation will benefit the high school and of course, beverages will be available. The show begins at 7 p.m. at The Pines Tasting Room in Hood River.
The Pines Tasting Room, 202 State St., Hood River; 541-993-8301.
More like this story
- Heights house fire roars up Friday
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge