Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Cascade Singers extends an open call to choral singers. The regional community choir meets under the leadership of Lloyd Walworth Mondays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. at Zion Lutheran Church, 10th and Union streets in The Dalles. Rehearsals are open to all interested singers.
Spring 2013 concerts include Celtic music on St. Patrick’s Day and favorite show tunes on May 31 and June 1.
Harmony of the Gorge has one remaining Global Open House event, Tuesday, Jan. 29, 7-9:30 p.m., at Hood River Valley Christian Church. Any woman of average singing ability, with or without vocal training, is welcome. The chorus performs regularly throughout the Mid-Columbia.
To learn more visit www.harmonyofthegorge.com or contact director Judy Beckman at 509-493-2006 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
- Scholarship Benefit Saturday
- HAHRC Beats: Enjoy food more while eating less
- Area Agency on Aging seeks to redefine volunteering during National Volunteer Week, April 23-29
- Día de los Niños celebration April 28
- Drug Take Back Day April 29 at Skyline
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge