Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Cascade Singers extends an open call to choral singers. The regional community choir meets under the leadership of Lloyd Walworth Mondays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. at Zion Lutheran Church, 10th and Union streets in The Dalles. Rehearsals are open to all interested singers.
Spring 2013 concerts include Celtic music on St. Patrick’s Day and favorite show tunes on May 31 and June 1.
Harmony of the Gorge has one remaining Global Open House event, Tuesday, Jan. 29, 7-9:30 p.m., at Hood River Valley Christian Church. Any woman of average singing ability, with or without vocal training, is welcome. The chorus performs regularly throughout the Mid-Columbia.
To learn more visit www.harmonyofthegorge.com or contact director Judy Beckman at 509-493-2006 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Horizon Christian ‘changing skyscape’ with new building in 2006
- Teen pleads not guilty to stabbing HR woman
- Hearings begin this week on Longview coal terminal
- White River campground closed
- EnviroGorge announces bird quiz
- Letters to the Editor for May 25
- Santa Cruz, Fetkenhour April ‘Students of the Month’
- Picard resigns from Hood River city council over STR issue
- Cascade Locks city council continuing with Nestlé plans despite passage of 14-55
- An early exit for HRV boys lax, but not a disappointment
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge