Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Cascade Singers extends an open call to choral singers. The regional community choir meets under the leadership of Lloyd Walworth Mondays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. at Zion Lutheran Church, 10th and Union streets in The Dalles. Rehearsals are open to all interested singers.
Spring 2013 concerts include Celtic music on St. Patrick’s Day and favorite show tunes on May 31 and June 1.
Harmony of the Gorge has one remaining Global Open House event, Tuesday, Jan. 29, 7-9:30 p.m., at Hood River Valley Christian Church. Any woman of average singing ability, with or without vocal training, is welcome. The chorus performs regularly throughout the Mid-Columbia.
To learn more visit www.harmonyofthegorge.com or contact director Judy Beckman at 509-493-2006 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- Pet of the week: Dessa needs ‘room to use her hound nose’
- Letters to the editor for May 4
- ANOTHER VOICE: Passing countywide ordinance ‘is wrong’
- Yes to School Bond
- Going Solar: Amateur astronomer provides safe view of our nearest neighborhood star
- Yesteryears: Women challenged at the polls in 1916
- Sustainability Awards presented April 20
- Decker, Elzinga wed
- The Daily Bread: My Life in Dog Years
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge