Wednesday, January 23, 2013
With blue skies and sun-softened snow, the Hood River Valley High School ski team competed in spring-like conditions over the weekend at Ski Bowl. The slalom event brought teams from the Mt. Hood Ski League for the third race of the season.
Continuing their hot streak, the HRV girls dominated the competition for a first-place team finish and top-five finishes from three skiers. Lucy McLean posted the fastest two-run time of the day for her third overall win in as many races. Not far behind McLean was Korey Cimock in second, who has finished runner-up to McLean in all three of the team’s races this season.
For the boys field, Ryan Colesar put in two solid runs to lead the team with a fourth-place finish. William Lamer, Levi Roeseler and William Ferrick backed Colesar with top-15 finishes to give the varsity boys a third-place team finish.
Varsity girls highlights:
Lucy McLean, 1st, 1:17.66
Korey Cimock, 2nd, 1:20.79
Sadie Shepard, 5th, 1:29.96
Molly Clarke, 6th, 1:33.92
Allie Ferrick, 9th, 1:41.47
Varsity boys highlights:
Ryan Colesar, 4th, 1:26.07
William Lamer, 12th, 1:35.98
Levi Roeseler, 14th, 1:44.37
William Ferrick, 15th, 1:46.20
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge