Wednesday, January 23, 2013
With blue skies and sun-softened snow, the Hood River Valley High School ski team competed in spring-like conditions over the weekend at Ski Bowl. The slalom event brought teams from the Mt. Hood Ski League for the third race of the season.
Continuing their hot streak, the HRV girls dominated the competition for a first-place team finish and top-five finishes from three skiers. Lucy McLean posted the fastest two-run time of the day for her third overall win in as many races. Not far behind McLean was Korey Cimock in second, who has finished runner-up to McLean in all three of the team’s races this season.
For the boys field, Ryan Colesar put in two solid runs to lead the team with a fourth-place finish. William Lamer, Levi Roeseler and William Ferrick backed Colesar with top-15 finishes to give the varsity boys a third-place team finish.
Varsity girls highlights:
Lucy McLean, 1st, 1:17.66
Korey Cimock, 2nd, 1:20.79
Sadie Shepard, 5th, 1:29.96
Molly Clarke, 6th, 1:33.92
Allie Ferrick, 9th, 1:41.47
Varsity boys highlights:
Ryan Colesar, 4th, 1:26.07
William Lamer, 12th, 1:35.98
Levi Roeseler, 14th, 1:44.37
William Ferrick, 15th, 1:46.20
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge