Wednesday, January 23, 2013
The next Gorge Soup will be Feb. 5, and diners and presenters are welcome to sign up.
Gorge Soup is a dinner event where people buy tickets, come to dinner and eat soup with other Gorge community members.
While they eat, they listen to quick presentations given by people who are starting a new business, creating a new nonprofit or developing a new community solution.
At the end of the dinner, everyone votes for their favorite idea. The winner gets the ticket money to use to make his or her idea a reality.
The event will be at 6 p.m. at Celilo Restaurant in downtown Hood River. Tickets cost $35, at http://gorgesoup.
The deadline to apply to compete for the prize money is Jan. 25. This is an extension from the previous deadline.
Applications are available online at http://bit.ly/
n Tuesday, May 14 is the second annual Gorge Soup for Kids Dinner at Springhouse Cellar.
Student presenter applications are due by April 17.
On Jan. 26 the Hood River News will have an update on the 2012 Gorge Soup for Kids winner, Keenan Collins and New Leaf Studio.
n Roy Slayton and Chris Taylor won the November Gorge Soup. They own Abide, a distillery business, they are hoping to open this summer in Hood River.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge