Wednesday, January 23, 2013
The next Gorge Soup will be Feb. 5, and diners and presenters are welcome to sign up.
Gorge Soup is a dinner event where people buy tickets, come to dinner and eat soup with other Gorge community members.
While they eat, they listen to quick presentations given by people who are starting a new business, creating a new nonprofit or developing a new community solution.
At the end of the dinner, everyone votes for their favorite idea. The winner gets the ticket money to use to make his or her idea a reality.
The event will be at 6 p.m. at Celilo Restaurant in downtown Hood River. Tickets cost $35, at http://gorgesoup.
The deadline to apply to compete for the prize money is Jan. 25. This is an extension from the previous deadline.
Applications are available online at http://bit.ly/
n Tuesday, May 14 is the second annual Gorge Soup for Kids Dinner at Springhouse Cellar.
Student presenter applications are due by April 17.
On Jan. 26 the Hood River News will have an update on the 2012 Gorge Soup for Kids winner, Keenan Collins and New Leaf Studio.
n Roy Slayton and Chris Taylor won the November Gorge Soup. They own Abide, a distillery business, they are hoping to open this summer in Hood River.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda