Wednesday, January 23, 2013
The next Gorge Soup will be Feb. 5, and diners and presenters are welcome to sign up.
Gorge Soup is a dinner event where people buy tickets, come to dinner and eat soup with other Gorge community members.
While they eat, they listen to quick presentations given by people who are starting a new business, creating a new nonprofit or developing a new community solution.
At the end of the dinner, everyone votes for their favorite idea. The winner gets the ticket money to use to make his or her idea a reality.
The event will be at 6 p.m. at Celilo Restaurant in downtown Hood River. Tickets cost $35, at http://gorgesoup.
The deadline to apply to compete for the prize money is Jan. 25. This is an extension from the previous deadline.
Applications are available online at http://bit.ly/
n Tuesday, May 14 is the second annual Gorge Soup for Kids Dinner at Springhouse Cellar.
Student presenter applications are due by April 17.
On Jan. 26 the Hood River News will have an update on the 2012 Gorge Soup for Kids winner, Keenan Collins and New Leaf Studio.
n Roy Slayton and Chris Taylor won the November Gorge Soup. They own Abide, a distillery business, they are hoping to open this summer in Hood River.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge