Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Tuesdays: ‘Celebrate the Story’
The History Museum of Hood River County has begun its winter program series: “Celebrate the Story,” held Tuesday evenings in the atrium gallery through March 19.
This week, the theme was “Show and Tell,” and included the complete story of Museum Coordinator Connie Nice’s quilt that took 20 years to complete. Also scheduled were opportunities to learn the stories of a few museum artifacts that aren’t often on display, and for attendees to share their own stories.
The winter program series runs from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the museum, 300 E. Marina Drive in Hood River. The series, celebrates the many ways to discover, capture and share the unique story of Hood River County, and learn how these apply to your own family story.
Cost to attend is free for museum members and $5 general admission for non-members. For more information contact the museum at 541-386-6772 or email@example.com.
Be a volunteer
On Saturday, Jan. 26, The History Museum will hold a volunteer orientation from 3-5 p.m. Volunteer opportunities include serving as docents, research assistants, event planners, and more.
The session will cover updated volunteer procedures for both new and returning volunteers. It will also give an opportunity to learn about the new museum space and programs.
For more information contact Carly Squyres, volunteer coordinator, at 541-386-6772 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- ‘Weather Spotters’ training comes to CL
- Service announcement for Nov. 22 edition: Ned Marshall
- Death notices for Nov. 22 edition: Gerald Hopsicker, Nobi Akiyama and Westlake Cannon
- Columbia Gorge Hotel turns on its lights Nov. 25
- Betty and Kenny Short celebrate 65 years
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
Bagpipers perform at Fall Simple Gifts
The Portland Guard pipers prepare and then perform at the Fall Simple Gifts concert at Riverside Church Enlarge