Wednesday, January 23, 2013
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Birney as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
“Birney is a 4-year-young yellow Lab mix, the true personality of a lab: Life revolves around fetching the ball for this guy! And he’s very good at it, too! And if you can’t reach the ball, he’s more than happy to bring it to you again, and again, and again! He likes to see how many tennis balls he can fit in his mouth, and so far we’re at three, but he’s always willing to practice!
“Aside from Birney’s masterful skill at fetch, he is a sweet, affectionate, lovable lap dog with plenty of energy for an active family. He’s great on a leash and loves to go on walks. And loves attention! Birney knows lots of commands and will do just about anything if you would just throw that ball!”
He’s house-trained, current on shots, micro-chipped and neutered. The adoption fee for Birney is $185; cash or check only, please. The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of the program’s dogs are in foster homes, please call ahead to meet Birney at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083.
Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at www.hood-riveradoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
The Adopt A Dog program offers 24PetWatch microchips, which include free registration into the 24PetWatch pet recovery service.
(For more information visit www.24petwatch.com or call 866-597-2424.)
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge