Friday, January 25, 2013
A great theater opportunity for kids is Missoula Children’s Theater, returning Feb. 25 with a production of “The Secret Garden.”
Columbia Center for the Arts and Knot Another Hat! host this year’s MTC project, and kids can sign up now.
MTC is a fun and focused one-week theater experience open to all children in the Gorge, first through 12th grades. No experience or advance preparation is necessary to audition for one of the approximately 50 roles.
Auditions are Monday, Feb. 25, at Wy’east Middle School in the Performing Arts Center from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Rehearsals will be Feb. 26 through March 1 from 3:30-7:30 p.m. with performances March 2 at 2 and 5 p.m. at Wy’east Middle School. Tickets are $5 each.
Register your child now to participate through Hood River Community Education ($40 per child). Productions are complete with costumes, scenery, props and makeup. Register at hrcommunityed.org or call 541-386-2055.
MCT’s mission is to foster the development of life skills in children through participation in the performing arts. Within each MCT cast, girls and boys are equal; the disabled become able; the shy experiment with bravery; the slow are rehearsed to perfection; and the gifted become part of the whole. The lesson they learn is that all of them are necessary for the show to go on.
Few arenas exist where responsibility is taught and learned so clearly. MCT provides a unique opportunity to learn the lessons of group dynamics while excelling as an individual — a lesson from art that carries into life.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge