Friday, January 25, 2013
A great theater opportunity for kids is Missoula Children’s Theater, returning Feb. 25 with a production of “The Secret Garden.”
Columbia Center for the Arts and Knot Another Hat! host this year’s MTC project, and kids can sign up now.
MTC is a fun and focused one-week theater experience open to all children in the Gorge, first through 12th grades. No experience or advance preparation is necessary to audition for one of the approximately 50 roles.
Auditions are Monday, Feb. 25, at Wy’east Middle School in the Performing Arts Center from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Rehearsals will be Feb. 26 through March 1 from 3:30-7:30 p.m. with performances March 2 at 2 and 5 p.m. at Wy’east Middle School. Tickets are $5 each.
Register your child now to participate through Hood River Community Education ($40 per child). Productions are complete with costumes, scenery, props and makeup. Register at hrcommunityed.org or call 541-386-2055.
MCT’s mission is to foster the development of life skills in children through participation in the performing arts. Within each MCT cast, girls and boys are equal; the disabled become able; the shy experiment with bravery; the slow are rehearsed to perfection; and the gifted become part of the whole. The lesson they learn is that all of them are necessary for the show to go on.
Few arenas exist where responsibility is taught and learned so clearly. MCT provides a unique opportunity to learn the lessons of group dynamics while excelling as an individual — a lesson from art that carries into life.
More like this story
- Missing woman found dead in Columbia River in HR
- Man flees police in HR, falls to death from cliff
- Truck hauling boulders crashes into trees
- Service Announcement: Auren Mitchell
- Death notices for April 26: Paul Pace, Jr., Paul Henson, Ruth French, William Lytle, Beverly Schmidt and Irene Wester
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge