Friday, January 25, 2013
A great theater opportunity for kids is Missoula Children’s Theater, returning Feb. 25 with a production of “The Secret Garden.”
Columbia Center for the Arts and Knot Another Hat! host this year’s MTC project, and kids can sign up now.
MTC is a fun and focused one-week theater experience open to all children in the Gorge, first through 12th grades. No experience or advance preparation is necessary to audition for one of the approximately 50 roles.
Auditions are Monday, Feb. 25, at Wy’east Middle School in the Performing Arts Center from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Rehearsals will be Feb. 26 through March 1 from 3:30-7:30 p.m. with performances March 2 at 2 and 5 p.m. at Wy’east Middle School. Tickets are $5 each.
Register your child now to participate through Hood River Community Education ($40 per child). Productions are complete with costumes, scenery, props and makeup. Register at hrcommunityed.org or call 541-386-2055.
MCT’s mission is to foster the development of life skills in children through participation in the performing arts. Within each MCT cast, girls and boys are equal; the disabled become able; the shy experiment with bravery; the slow are rehearsed to perfection; and the gifted become part of the whole. The lesson they learn is that all of them are necessary for the show to go on.
Few arenas exist where responsibility is taught and learned so clearly. MCT provides a unique opportunity to learn the lessons of group dynamics while excelling as an individual — a lesson from art that carries into life.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge