Friday, January 25, 2013
Between resident and migratory Canada Geese, there sure are a lot of these big birds flying around the Gorge this time of year. A few interesting facts about them (from www.geeseguys.com): Life expectancy of Canada Geese is about 20 years; adults generally weigh between 20-25 pounds; females can produce up to 80 offspring in their lifetime; pairs mate and stay together for life (unless one dies); they return to the general area of their birth each year.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge