Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Hood River Community Education is putting together its spring/summer course catalog, and is looking for people interested in instructing a class for the community and surrounding Gorge area.
Information and forms needed to complete and return are available through Community Ed; either stop by the office at 1009 Eugene St. or visit www.hrcommu-nityed.org.
Classes may be held at the instructor’s own facility, or at a school location. Instructors set the class fee and determine the optimum number of students for each class.
Courses may be developed in any area includings the arts, academic topics, crafts, sports and recreation or travel, among others.
Proposals are needed by Feb. 15 to be included in the spring/summer catalog. Classes should be scheduled to begin no earlier than April 15 and no later than Sept. 1.
Community Education is tentatively planning a “Meet the Instructor Night” for the community soon after the catalog reaches the public.
Patrons will be able to meet instructors and instructors may promote their class(es).
Interested instructors should contact Community Ed for details at 541-386-2055 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge