Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Hood River Community Education is putting together its spring/summer course catalog, and is looking for people interested in instructing a class for the community and surrounding Gorge area.
Information and forms needed to complete and return are available through Community Ed; either stop by the office at 1009 Eugene St. or visit www.hrcommu-nityed.org.
Classes may be held at the instructor’s own facility, or at a school location. Instructors set the class fee and determine the optimum number of students for each class.
Courses may be developed in any area includings the arts, academic topics, crafts, sports and recreation or travel, among others.
Proposals are needed by Feb. 15 to be included in the spring/summer catalog. Classes should be scheduled to begin no earlier than April 15 and no later than Sept. 1.
Community Education is tentatively planning a “Meet the Instructor Night” for the community soon after the catalog reaches the public.
Patrons will be able to meet instructors and instructors may promote their class(es).
Interested instructors should contact Community Ed for details at 541-386-2055 or via email at email@example.com.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge