Tuesday, January 29, 2013
The Hood River Saturday Market is accepting applications for board members. The organization has been operating in Hood River for more than 23 years. Its focus is on promoting local artists, craftsmen and produce vendors in the Gorge by hosting a weekly market every Saturday from May through September in Hood River.
If you are a supporter of local markets and have an interest in supporting this organization, you can apply by submitting an application to: Hood River Saturday Market, P.O. Box 1101, Hood River, OR 97031.
Interested persons are welcome to attend a board meeting, as well: The board meets in Hood River the first Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. Call 971-258-1446 for the specific location or for more information.
The board is looking for four to six board members to join. Applicants should be able to commit to monthly meetings in Hood River and to participating in various projects and work groups.
More like this story
- Death notices for May 4: Jerry Osbourn, Edward Adams, and John Phillips
- Service announcement for May 4: Audrey Thornton
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge