Tuesday, January 29, 2013
The Hood River Saturday Market is accepting applications for board members. The organization has been operating in Hood River for more than 23 years. Its focus is on promoting local artists, craftsmen and produce vendors in the Gorge by hosting a weekly market every Saturday from May through September in Hood River.
If you are a supporter of local markets and have an interest in supporting this organization, you can apply by submitting an application to: Hood River Saturday Market, P.O. Box 1101, Hood River, OR 97031.
Interested persons are welcome to attend a board meeting, as well: The board meets in Hood River the first Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. Call 971-258-1446 for the specific location or for more information.
The board is looking for four to six board members to join. Applicants should be able to commit to monthly meetings in Hood River and to participating in various projects and work groups.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge