Tuesday, January 29, 2013
The Hood River Saturday Market is accepting applications for board members. The organization has been operating in Hood River for more than 23 years. Its focus is on promoting local artists, craftsmen and produce vendors in the Gorge by hosting a weekly market every Saturday from May through September in Hood River.
If you are a supporter of local markets and have an interest in supporting this organization, you can apply by submitting an application to: Hood River Saturday Market, P.O. Box 1101, Hood River, OR 97031.
Interested persons are welcome to attend a board meeting, as well: The board meets in Hood River the first Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. Call 971-258-1446 for the specific location or for more information.
The board is looking for four to six board members to join. Applicants should be able to commit to monthly meetings in Hood River and to participating in various projects and work groups.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for April 29
- Library District wins award for Odell Library Express project
- OSU spring plant sale canceled
- HRVHS music students win spots at state championships in May
- Summer youth employment at Next Door
- Patterson takes second at Oregon Speech event
- Delta Kappa marks 50 years, holds Spring Fling Bingo May 13
- Steelhead Robotics returns from World event
- Local students named to OSU honor roll
- Destination Imagination team prepares for Global Finals
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge