Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Hood River Valley High School varsity boys and girls basketball teams traveled to The Dalles-Wahtonka Friday evening for their fourth league matchup of the season and the first between the rival Eagle-Indians.
The HRV girls played first in what turned out to be the lowest-scoring game of the season so far for the team. The 36-21 loss puts the girls at 0-4 in the Columbia River Conference with five more league games remaining in the season. TDW girls bettered their league record to 2-2, third to Hermiston and Pendleton, respectively.
The HRV boys, also 0-4 in league play, didn’t have much better luck on the road. The Eagles were 15 for 39 from the field in the 57-43 loss and were led by Ryan Wheat with 24 points and Luke Kopecky and Parker Kennedy with seven each.
Next in league action, the boys host Hermiston Feb. 1 at 7 p.m. while the girls go on the road to play the Bulldogs.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge