Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Hood River Valley High School varsity boys and girls basketball teams traveled to The Dalles-Wahtonka Friday evening for their fourth league matchup of the season and the first between the rival Eagle-Indians.
The HRV girls played first in what turned out to be the lowest-scoring game of the season so far for the team. The 36-21 loss puts the girls at 0-4 in the Columbia River Conference with five more league games remaining in the season. TDW girls bettered their league record to 2-2, third to Hermiston and Pendleton, respectively.
The HRV boys, also 0-4 in league play, didn’t have much better luck on the road. The Eagles were 15 for 39 from the field in the 57-43 loss and were led by Ryan Wheat with 24 points and Luke Kopecky and Parker Kennedy with seven each.
Next in league action, the boys host Hermiston Feb. 1 at 7 p.m. while the girls go on the road to play the Bulldogs.
More like this story
- Library Tree
- Yesteryears: Phase one of new skate park slated to begin in September 1996
- Around the Gorge: Genealogy and more scheduled for Gorge-area venues
- ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ Friday
- Archers urged beware of fire dangers, note new regulations
- Idlewilde Cemetery ‘residents’ are not forgotten, thanks to Cemetery Tales
- Roots and Branches: Drums, song carry Minoru Yasui’s message forward
- Washington responders to get notice of oil train shipments
- Oregon Poet Laureate advising Celilo Park project
- Historic Highway trail piece opens Sept. 24
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge