Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Odell Vendors are being sought for the upcoming Blossom Craft Show, April 20-21 at the Hood River County Fairgrounds in Odell. Applications are online at hoodriverfair.org.
The Odell Garden Club’s annual Tea Party will be held Feb. 12. This year’s theme is “Tea Pots on Parade.” Those interested in joining are welcome to attend — club president Norma Curtis says the tea party is a great way to meet members, Mt. Hood District officers and state officers. RSVP to Curtis at email@example.com or 541-386-6635.
Mid Valley Elementary will hold its annual Art Week Feb. 5-8. Students will be spending half of each day working with a chosen artist or on a special activity. One parent per artist is needed; those wishing to volunteer are asked to call Principal Dennis McCauley or Peggy Kelter at 541-354-1691.
Odell Little League sign-ups will be held Feb. 5 and 7 at Mid Valley Elementary from 6-8 p.m. Cost is $45 per child between the ages of 5-12, and a birth certificate is required at time of registration.
Volunteer coaches are needed, as is “anyone interested in helping in other areas,” says chair Machel Rivera. For more info or to volunteer, contact Rivera at Mejriva@aol.com.
Odell Little League now has a Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pages/Odell-Little-League.
Do you have news of the middle valley? Send it to Trisha Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 541-386-1234.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge