Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Odell Vendors are being sought for the upcoming Blossom Craft Show, April 20-21 at the Hood River County Fairgrounds in Odell. Applications are online at hoodriverfair.org.
The Odell Garden Club’s annual Tea Party will be held Feb. 12. This year’s theme is “Tea Pots on Parade.” Those interested in joining are welcome to attend — club president Norma Curtis says the tea party is a great way to meet members, Mt. Hood District officers and state officers. RSVP to Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-386-6635.
Mid Valley Elementary will hold its annual Art Week Feb. 5-8. Students will be spending half of each day working with a chosen artist or on a special activity. One parent per artist is needed; those wishing to volunteer are asked to call Principal Dennis McCauley or Peggy Kelter at 541-354-1691.
Odell Little League sign-ups will be held Feb. 5 and 7 at Mid Valley Elementary from 6-8 p.m. Cost is $45 per child between the ages of 5-12, and a birth certificate is required at time of registration.
Volunteer coaches are needed, as is “anyone interested in helping in other areas,” says chair Machel Rivera. For more info or to volunteer, contact Rivera at Mejriva@aol.com.
Odell Little League now has a Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pages/Odell-Little-League.
Do you have news of the middle valley? Send it to Trisha Walker at email@example.com or call her at 541-386-1234.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge