Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Hood River native Dylan Thompson was in Aspen last week for the 2013 X Games. Competing in the Snowboard Street event, Thompson finished third overall to claim bronze — his first X-Games medal — behind Louif Paradis and Dylan Alito in first and second.
The event started with riders in two heats trying to tally the highest two-run score to qualify for the finals on a short course of rails, a few kickers and a massive wall ride (pictured above).
Thompson made the finals with fellow riders Jaeger Bailey, Ryan Paul, Dan Brisse, Paradis and Alito.
To see a collection of Thompson’s X Games runs visit www.http://bit.ly/VlFLZ4. To see Thompson’s feature video in Transworld Snowboarding, see http://bit.ly/UuuM1L.
Photos by Kris Goodwillie (above) and submitted
More like this story
- Death notices, Sept. 28: Vera Owen, James Robinson, Clarence Lowell, Scott Burnett and Eva Morales Sanchez
- Service Announcement, Sept. 27: Berna Carter
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge