Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Hood River native Dylan Thompson was in Aspen last week for the 2013 X Games. Competing in the Snowboard Street event, Thompson finished third overall to claim bronze — his first X-Games medal — behind Louif Paradis and Dylan Alito in first and second.
The event started with riders in two heats trying to tally the highest two-run score to qualify for the finals on a short course of rails, a few kickers and a massive wall ride (pictured above).
Thompson made the finals with fellow riders Jaeger Bailey, Ryan Paul, Dan Brisse, Paradis and Alito.
To see a collection of Thompson’s X Games runs visit www.http://bit.ly/VlFLZ4. To see Thompson’s feature video in Transworld Snowboarding, see http://bit.ly/UuuM1L.
Photos by Kris Goodwillie (above) and submitted
More like this story
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
- Cougar Creek fire creeps north
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge