Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Hood River native Dylan Thompson was in Aspen last week for the 2013 X Games. Competing in the Snowboard Street event, Thompson finished third overall to claim bronze — his first X-Games medal — behind Louif Paradis and Dylan Alito in first and second.
The event started with riders in two heats trying to tally the highest two-run score to qualify for the finals on a short course of rails, a few kickers and a massive wall ride (pictured above).
Thompson made the finals with fellow riders Jaeger Bailey, Ryan Paul, Dan Brisse, Paradis and Alito.
To see a collection of Thompson’s X Games runs visit www.http://bit.ly/VlFLZ4. To see Thompson’s feature video in Transworld Snowboarding, see http://bit.ly/UuuM1L.
Photos by Kris Goodwillie (above) and submitted
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge