Tuesday, July 2, 2013
The Wy’east Class of 1961 will have a joint “70th birthday” party July 20 at Charburger Country, 4100 Westcliff Drive, beginning at 5 p.m. with an informal get-together, to be followed by dinner, games, a contest for best birthday hat and gift exchange. For more info contact Norma Curtis, email@example.com, or Jerry Petricko, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The annual Parkdale-Wy’east High School Picnic will be held July 21 at Toll Bridge Park and all Parkdale High and Wy’east High School grads are encouraged to attend. The picnic is a simple potluck; paper plates, eating utensils and some soft drinks will be provided. There is no cost to attend but a suggested donation of $5 per person is encouraged. For more info contact Marie Pickering at email@example.com.
The HRHS Class of 1963 will hold its 50-year reunion Aug. 17 from 2-5 p.m. in the Shoreline Room at Best Western Hood River Inn. The cost is $20 per person and includes light hors d’oeuvres. Send to Dave Jubitz, P.O. box 52, Hood River, OR 97031. Members of classes 1962 and 1964 are also welcome. For more info contact Heather Weisfield at 509-493-3821.
The HRVHS Class of 1973 will hold its 40-year reunion Aug. 16-18. The weekend will kick off with a Friday night meet-and-greet at the Elks Lodge, beginning at 6 p.m. Saturday will feature dinner and dancing at Divots restaurant. Admission is free but $10 donations at the door are appreciated. There is a potluck picnic tentatively scheduled for Sunday. For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-386-9434.
The Wy’east High School Class of 1969 will hold a reunion Sept. 6-7 Anyone having contact info for Wy’east Class of 1969 members is asked to email email@example.com or call Terri Vann at 541-490-6557 or Davinne McKeown-Ellis at 541-386-4475 (leave message).
The HRVHS Class of 1974 will hold its annual mini-reunion July 13 on the patio at Divots restaurant at Indian Creek Golf Course, beginning at 6 p.m. The event is a no-host, casual get-together, and members of surrounding classes are welcome. A count would be helpful for planning purposes; please contact Kim Kerr Lelli at:
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 31: Robert Stratton and Dale Glasgow
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge