Tuesday, July 2, 2013
One of the region’s top blues and rock guitarists, Robbie Laws, will be at The Waucoma Club in Hood River on Saturday, July 6.
Club owner Jane Harris says “This is a great way for people locally to see some of the Northwest’s top talent in the comfort of their own hometown.” There is no cover charge and the show starts at 9 p.m. 21 and over only.
The Waucoma Club, 207 Cascade Ave., Hood River; 541-387-2583.
More like this story
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- Pet of the week: Dessa needs ‘room to use her hound nose’
- Letters to the editor for May 4
- ANOTHER VOICE: Passing countywide ordinance ‘is wrong’
- Yes to School Bond
- Going Solar: Amateur astronomer provides safe view of our nearest neighborhood star
- Yesteryears: Women challenged at the polls in 1916
- Sustainability Awards presented April 20
- Decker, Elzinga wed
- The Daily Bread: My Life in Dog Years
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge