Saturday, July 6, 2013
Goldstars at Gallery 301
Come join the Hood River Goldstars for raucous jazz on Friday, July 5, at the Gallery 301. This growing group features horns, strings, percussion, keyboard and smooth vocals. Music starts around 6:30 p.m. On Sunday, July 7, Mike Stillman leads a smaller group for afternoon jazz, music starts around 3:30 p.m. The Gallery 301, corner of Oak and Third, downtown Hood River, 541-436-0281.
‘Dreams’ at Mt. Hood Winery
Grab your family and friends and bring a picnic to the fourth anniversary celebration at Mt. Hood Winery on Saturday, June 13, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. By popular demand, the winery will feature the acoustic, no-boundaries fusion and jazz music of ‘Key of Dreams’ from 1 to 4 p.m. Mt. Hood Winery, 2882 Van Horn Drive, Hood River; 541-386-8333.
Meet the Brewer July 18
Full Sail Brewing will release a new beer in its Brewer’s Share Experimental line up, “Faria’s Clara Helles Lager,” brewed by Francisco Martinez. Come “Meet the Brewer and the Beer” on Thursday, July 18, from 5- 6:30 p.m. A portion of the proceeds benefit Meals on Wheels Hood River. Full Sail Tasting Room and Pub, 506 Columbia St., Hood River; 541-386-2247.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge