Saturday, July 6, 2013
Goldstars at Gallery 301
Come join the Hood River Goldstars for raucous jazz on Friday, July 5, at the Gallery 301. This growing group features horns, strings, percussion, keyboard and smooth vocals. Music starts around 6:30 p.m. On Sunday, July 7, Mike Stillman leads a smaller group for afternoon jazz, music starts around 3:30 p.m. The Gallery 301, corner of Oak and Third, downtown Hood River, 541-436-0281.
‘Dreams’ at Mt. Hood Winery
Grab your family and friends and bring a picnic to the fourth anniversary celebration at Mt. Hood Winery on Saturday, June 13, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. By popular demand, the winery will feature the acoustic, no-boundaries fusion and jazz music of ‘Key of Dreams’ from 1 to 4 p.m. Mt. Hood Winery, 2882 Van Horn Drive, Hood River; 541-386-8333.
Meet the Brewer July 18
Full Sail Brewing will release a new beer in its Brewer’s Share Experimental line up, “Faria’s Clara Helles Lager,” brewed by Francisco Martinez. Come “Meet the Brewer and the Beer” on Thursday, July 18, from 5- 6:30 p.m. A portion of the proceeds benefit Meals on Wheels Hood River. Full Sail Tasting Room and Pub, 506 Columbia St., Hood River; 541-386-2247.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge