Saturday, July 6, 2013
Mt. Hood Independent Film Festival is seeking submissions for the 2013 film festival from local and Northwest filmmakers.
Submissions are open for both short and full-length films in a variety of categories including: narrative, documentary, horror sci-fi, animation, student through 12th grade and college/film school student and sports.
Special consideration will be given to local filmmakers and NW filmmakers.
This film festival this year is scheduled for Nov. 8, 9 and 10 with Columbia Center for the Arts has the host and headquarters for the event. Submission can be completed by going to www.columbiaarts.org and going to the film festival page.
For questions please contact Catherine Butler at email@example.com or Daniel McCabe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge