Saturday, July 6, 2013
Those wishing to swim in the 71st annual Roy Webster Cross Channel Swim are encouraged to register early as the Swim has become one of the county’s most popular attractions. Register at www.active.com (search for the 71st Annual Cross-Channel Swim). For more information call the Hood River County Chamber of Commerce at 541-386-2000, visit the Swim website or follow the event on Facebook. Registration is $60.
Oldest registered swimmer this year so far is 79.
Youngest registered swimmer this year so far is 10.
Farthest traveler's are from Hawaii and New York.
Water temperature is about 64-69° F.
Check-in begins at 5:30 a.m.
First flight of swimmers jumps from the Sternwheeler at 7:45 a.m.
Average swim time is 30-40 minutes
The swim is not a race!
If the weather does not cooperate the swim will be called off by the sheriff'’s department (no refunds)
(There are no refunds)
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge