Saturday, July 6, 2013
Those wishing to swim in the 71st annual Roy Webster Cross Channel Swim are encouraged to register early as the Swim has become one of the county’s most popular attractions. Register at www.active.com (search for the 71st Annual Cross-Channel Swim). For more information call the Hood River County Chamber of Commerce at 541-386-2000, visit the Swim website or follow the event on Facebook. Registration is $60.
Oldest registered swimmer this year so far is 79.
Youngest registered swimmer this year so far is 10.
Farthest traveler's are from Hawaii and New York.
Water temperature is about 64-69° F.
Check-in begins at 5:30 a.m.
First flight of swimmers jumps from the Sternwheeler at 7:45 a.m.
Average swim time is 30-40 minutes
The swim is not a race!
If the weather does not cooperate the swim will be called off by the sheriff'’s department (no refunds)
(There are no refunds)
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
- Letters to the Editor for July 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge