Saturday, July 6, 2013
Those wishing to swim in the 71st annual Roy Webster Cross Channel Swim are encouraged to register early as the Swim has become one of the county’s most popular attractions. Register at www.active.com (search for the 71st Annual Cross-Channel Swim). For more information call the Hood River County Chamber of Commerce at 541-386-2000, visit the Swim website or follow the event on Facebook. Registration is $60.
Oldest registered swimmer this year so far is 79.
Youngest registered swimmer this year so far is 10.
Farthest traveler's are from Hawaii and New York.
Water temperature is about 64-69° F.
Check-in begins at 5:30 a.m.
First flight of swimmers jumps from the Sternwheeler at 7:45 a.m.
Average swim time is 30-40 minutes
The swim is not a race!
If the weather does not cooperate the swim will be called off by the sheriff'’s department (no refunds)
(There are no refunds)
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge