Saturday, July 6, 2013
Those wishing to swim in the 71st annual Roy Webster Cross Channel Swim are encouraged to register early as the Swim has become one of the county’s most popular attractions. Register at www.active.com (search for the 71st Annual Cross-Channel Swim). For more information call the Hood River County Chamber of Commerce at 541-386-2000, visit the Swim website or follow the event on Facebook. Registration is $60.
Oldest registered swimmer this year so far is 79.
Youngest registered swimmer this year so far is 10.
Farthest traveler's are from Hawaii and New York.
Water temperature is about 64-69° F.
Check-in begins at 5:30 a.m.
First flight of swimmers jumps from the Sternwheeler at 7:45 a.m.
Average swim time is 30-40 minutes
The swim is not a race!
If the weather does not cooperate the swim will be called off by the sheriff'’s department (no refunds)
(There are no refunds)
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge