Saturday, July 6, 2013
Cars, trucks, campers and motorcycles — antique, vintage, classic — join food, fun and music at the Second Annual WAAAM Traffic Jam, 1600 Air Museum Road, July 12-13, a benefit for The Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum in Hood River.
“Cruise the gut” through Hood River July 12 beginning at 6 p.m., then put on your dancing shoes for a few hours of music at the museum beginning at 8 p.m. The evening will finish with a Drive-In Movie at 10 p.m.
The movie will be shown on the back wall of the museum, and participants will park their cars on the grass — and, perhaps, sit outside of their cars if it gets too hot. Popcorn, hot dogs and a beer garden will be available.
On July 13, visit the car show at the museum. Special admission will be $10 for adults and $5 for kids, which includes entry to the car show and the museum. Other Saturday events:
8 a.m. — Museum opens
8-11 a.m. — Lions Breakfast
9 a.m. — Demos, classes, vintage pedal cars and more
11 a.m. — Lunch starts
Noon — Judging begins on car show
1 p.m. — Model T Quick Build Challenge (back by popular demand)
3 p.m. — Trophies and awards
5 p.m. — Museum closes
Those wishing to share a vintage auto — 30 years or older — can register online at www.waaamuseum.org. Registration is $25 per vehicle; WAAAM members pay $15.
Dry camping will be available for $8 a night. Volunteers are needed for the event. Contact Steve Tolson at trafficjam@waaamuseum. org to volunteer.
For more information call the museum at 541-308-1600.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 22 edition: Ned Marshall
- Death notices for Nov. 22 edition: Gerald Hopsicker, Nobi Akiyama and Westlake Cannon
- Columbia Gorge Hotel turns on its lights Nov. 25
- Betty and Kenny Short celebrate 65 years
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge