Saturday, July 6, 2013
Cars, trucks, campers and motorcycles — antique, vintage, classic — join food, fun and music at the Second Annual WAAAM Traffic Jam, 1600 Air Museum Road, July 12-13, a benefit for The Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum in Hood River.
“Cruise the gut” through Hood River July 12 beginning at 6 p.m., then put on your dancing shoes for a few hours of music at the museum beginning at 8 p.m. The evening will finish with a Drive-In Movie at 10 p.m.
The movie will be shown on the back wall of the museum, and participants will park their cars on the grass — and, perhaps, sit outside of their cars if it gets too hot. Popcorn, hot dogs and a beer garden will be available.
On July 13, visit the car show at the museum. Special admission will be $10 for adults and $5 for kids, which includes entry to the car show and the museum. Other Saturday events:
8 a.m. — Museum opens
8-11 a.m. — Lions Breakfast
9 a.m. — Demos, classes, vintage pedal cars and more
11 a.m. — Lunch starts
Noon — Judging begins on car show
1 p.m. — Model T Quick Build Challenge (back by popular demand)
3 p.m. — Trophies and awards
5 p.m. — Museum closes
Those wishing to share a vintage auto — 30 years or older — can register online at www.waaamuseum.org. Registration is $25 per vehicle; WAAAM members pay $15.
Dry camping will be available for $8 a night. Volunteers are needed for the event. Contact Steve Tolson at trafficjam@waaamuseum. org to volunteer.
For more information call the museum at 541-308-1600.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge