Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Allen Larsen is home again after a work-related accident June 25. A table saw severed two of his fingers, partially severed another, and cut a tendon in his thumb.
Larsen, owner of Allen’s Fine Woodworking, was initially treated at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital before being transferred to Emmanuel Hospital in Portland.
Doctors at Emmanuel were unable to save the two fingers, but were able to reattach and save the third.
Larsen is still operating his showroom and guiding projects and his crew from behind the scenes while recuperating. He is spending more time in his downtown Hood River showroom, designing and helping customers.
Those interested in following Larsen’s progress are invited to visit the Facebook page that has been set up for his family (search keywords: Larsen Family Assistance). Cards may be sent to Allen Larsen, Allen’s Fine Woodworking, 216 Cascade Ave., Hood River, OR 97031.
More like this story
- Highway brush fire in Hood River knocked down
- Yesteryears: Horizon Christian ‘changing skyscape’ with new building in 2006
- Teen pleads not guilty to stabbing HR woman
- Hearings begin this week on Longview coal terminal
- White River campground closed
- EnviroGorge announces bird quiz
- Letters to the Editor for May 25
- Santa Cruz, Fetkenhour April ‘Students of the Month’
- Picard resigns from Hood River city council over STR issue
- Cascade Locks city council continuing with Nestlé plans despite passage of 14-55
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge