Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Allen Larsen is home again after a work-related accident June 25. A table saw severed two of his fingers, partially severed another, and cut a tendon in his thumb.
Larsen, owner of Allen’s Fine Woodworking, was initially treated at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital before being transferred to Emmanuel Hospital in Portland.
Doctors at Emmanuel were unable to save the two fingers, but were able to reattach and save the third.
Larsen is still operating his showroom and guiding projects and his crew from behind the scenes while recuperating. He is spending more time in his downtown Hood River showroom, designing and helping customers.
Those interested in following Larsen’s progress are invited to visit the Facebook page that has been set up for his family (search keywords: Larsen Family Assistance). Cards may be sent to Allen Larsen, Allen’s Fine Woodworking, 216 Cascade Ave., Hood River, OR 97031.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control