Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Hawks Ridge is working on a new special program. Senior Wish Project will grant members of the senior community “special wishes,” such as reliving a childhood memory, an afternoon at a favorite fishing hole, or a glider ride through the Gorge.
To grant these wishes, Hawks Ridge will host a “Country Fair” on Aug. 16 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the facility on 1795 Eighth St. The day will be filled with carnival games, a barbecue, bake sale and auction.
Hawks Ridge is seeking business contributions for the silent auction and barbecue, and volunteers to run booths and activities. Contributing businesses will be recognized.
Donations could include: boxes of fruit; items or gift certificates, volunteer musicians and performers; physicians to give free health screenings; food items including hamburgers and hot dogs, buns, soda, water, paper plates, napkins and plastic forks.
For details contact Kelly at 541-387-4087 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge