Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Hawks Ridge is working on a new special program. Senior Wish Project will grant members of the senior community “special wishes,” such as reliving a childhood memory, an afternoon at a favorite fishing hole, or a glider ride through the Gorge.
To grant these wishes, Hawks Ridge will host a “Country Fair” on Aug. 16 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the facility on 1795 Eighth St. The day will be filled with carnival games, a barbecue, bake sale and auction.
Hawks Ridge is seeking business contributions for the silent auction and barbecue, and volunteers to run booths and activities. Contributing businesses will be recognized.
Donations could include: boxes of fruit; items or gift certificates, volunteer musicians and performers; physicians to give free health screenings; food items including hamburgers and hot dogs, buns, soda, water, paper plates, napkins and plastic forks.
For details contact Kelly at 541-387-4087 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge