Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Hawks Ridge is working on a new special program. Senior Wish Project will grant members of the senior community “special wishes,” such as reliving a childhood memory, an afternoon at a favorite fishing hole, or a glider ride through the Gorge.
To grant these wishes, Hawks Ridge will host a “Country Fair” on Aug. 16 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the facility on 1795 Eighth St. The day will be filled with carnival games, a barbecue, bake sale and auction.
Hawks Ridge is seeking business contributions for the silent auction and barbecue, and volunteers to run booths and activities. Contributing businesses will be recognized.
Donations could include: boxes of fruit; items or gift certificates, volunteer musicians and performers; physicians to give free health screenings; food items including hamburgers and hot dogs, buns, soda, water, paper plates, napkins and plastic forks.
For details contact Kelly at 541-387-4087 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge