Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Hawks Ridge is working on a new special program. Senior Wish Project will grant members of the senior community “special wishes,” such as reliving a childhood memory, an afternoon at a favorite fishing hole, or a glider ride through the Gorge.
To grant these wishes, Hawks Ridge will host a “Country Fair” on Aug. 16 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the facility on 1795 Eighth St. The day will be filled with carnival games, a barbecue, bake sale and auction.
Hawks Ridge is seeking business contributions for the silent auction and barbecue, and volunteers to run booths and activities. Contributing businesses will be recognized.
Donations could include: boxes of fruit; items or gift certificates, volunteer musicians and performers; physicians to give free health screenings; food items including hamburgers and hot dogs, buns, soda, water, paper plates, napkins and plastic forks.
For details contact Kelly at 541-387-4087 or email email@example.com.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
- ‘Mayerdale Place’ program Oct. 21
- County continues marijuana hearings
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge