Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Hawks Ridge is working on a new special program. Senior Wish Project will grant members of the senior community “special wishes,” such as reliving a childhood memory, an afternoon at a favorite fishing hole, or a glider ride through the Gorge.
To grant these wishes, Hawks Ridge will host a “Country Fair” on Aug. 16 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the facility on 1795 Eighth St. The day will be filled with carnival games, a barbecue, bake sale and auction.
Hawks Ridge is seeking business contributions for the silent auction and barbecue, and volunteers to run booths and activities. Contributing businesses will be recognized.
Donations could include: boxes of fruit; items or gift certificates, volunteer musicians and performers; physicians to give free health screenings; food items including hamburgers and hot dogs, buns, soda, water, paper plates, napkins and plastic forks.
For details contact Kelly at 541-387-4087 or email email@example.com.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge