Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Relay for Life of the Columbia Gorge returns July 20-21 to Hood River Valley High School’s football field. And one of the most touching and beautiful events at the annual fundraiser is the luminaria ceremony.
Votive candles are lit inside of personalized bags and then placed around the track after dark, to shine a light on the fight against cancer.
The luminaria ceremony is a time to remember people we have lost to cancer, to support people who currently have cancer, and to honor people who have fought cancer in the past. The power of this ceremony lies in providing an opportunity for people to work through grief and find hope.
When you dedicate a personalized luminaria in honor, memory, or support of a loved one, you can assign your donation dollars to a Relay For Life event, team, or participant, and help them get a step closer to their fundraising goal.
To purchase one or more luminaria, visit http://bit.ly/12VYP6M or contact Veronica Moline at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-490-1722.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge