Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Relay for Life of the Columbia Gorge returns July 20-21 to Hood River Valley High School’s football field. And one of the most touching and beautiful events at the annual fundraiser is the luminaria ceremony.
Votive candles are lit inside of personalized bags and then placed around the track after dark, to shine a light on the fight against cancer.
The luminaria ceremony is a time to remember people we have lost to cancer, to support people who currently have cancer, and to honor people who have fought cancer in the past. The power of this ceremony lies in providing an opportunity for people to work through grief and find hope.
When you dedicate a personalized luminaria in honor, memory, or support of a loved one, you can assign your donation dollars to a Relay For Life event, team, or participant, and help them get a step closer to their fundraising goal.
To purchase one or more luminaria, visit http://bit.ly/12VYP6M or contact Veronica Moline at email@example.com or 541-490-1722.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge