Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Relay for Life of the Columbia Gorge returns July 20-21 to Hood River Valley High School’s football field. And one of the most touching and beautiful events at the annual fundraiser is the luminaria ceremony.
Votive candles are lit inside of personalized bags and then placed around the track after dark, to shine a light on the fight against cancer.
The luminaria ceremony is a time to remember people we have lost to cancer, to support people who currently have cancer, and to honor people who have fought cancer in the past. The power of this ceremony lies in providing an opportunity for people to work through grief and find hope.
When you dedicate a personalized luminaria in honor, memory, or support of a loved one, you can assign your donation dollars to a Relay For Life event, team, or participant, and help them get a step closer to their fundraising goal.
To purchase one or more luminaria, visit http://bit.ly/12VYP6M or contact Veronica Moline at email@example.com or 541-490-1722.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge