Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Relay for Life of the Columbia Gorge returns July 20-21 to Hood River Valley High School’s football field. And one of the most touching and beautiful events at the annual fundraiser is the luminaria ceremony.
Votive candles are lit inside of personalized bags and then placed around the track after dark, to shine a light on the fight against cancer.
The luminaria ceremony is a time to remember people we have lost to cancer, to support people who currently have cancer, and to honor people who have fought cancer in the past. The power of this ceremony lies in providing an opportunity for people to work through grief and find hope.
When you dedicate a personalized luminaria in honor, memory, or support of a loved one, you can assign your donation dollars to a Relay For Life event, team, or participant, and help them get a step closer to their fundraising goal.
To purchase one or more luminaria, visit http://bit.ly/12VYP6M or contact Veronica Moline at email@example.com or 541-490-1722.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events