Wednesday, July 10, 2013
The Mt. Adams Institute has announced that it received an AmeriCorps grant to implement VetsWork: Environment, a career development program for military veterans interested in employment in the natural resources management/public lands sector.
The $308,725 award will help support 25 positions throughout Washington and Oregon.
Beginning in January 2014, participants will begin the 11-month program that combines an internship at community/state/federal natural resource agencies, academic coursework and training. The anticipated outcome is permanent employment for participants.
Current internship partners include the U.S. Forest Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Park Service and the National Forest Foundation.
Mt. Adams Institute is currently accepting applications for additional partners until Aug. 7. Interested parties may visit the Mt. Adams Institute website (mtadamsinstitute) for more information.
A complete list of internship sites will be available in mid-August. At that time, interested veterans may begin applying to the program and specific internship sites.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge