Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Hood River author Joe O’Neill and Black Ship Publishing have introduced the second book in the “Red Hand Adventures” series: “Wrath of the Caid.”
O’Neill and the Red Hand Team also launched an initiative called “Join Red Hand,” which helps young readers by holding writing contests; donating a portion of profits to charities around the world (and then spotlighting those charities); sponsoring local soccer teams; holding adventure quizzes and stories and more.
The most recent activity was a writing contest on the subject of bravery and the young winner, Rebekah, will have her short story published in the back of Book Three of the series, “Legends of the Rif” (due fall 2013). This month’s writing contest will end July 31. For details visit redhandadventures.com.
“Rebels of the Kasbah” and “Wrath of the Caid” are available for purchase at Waucoma Bookstore and Klindt’s Booksellers.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge