Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Hood River author Joe O’Neill and Black Ship Publishing have introduced the second book in the “Red Hand Adventures” series: “Wrath of the Caid.”
O’Neill and the Red Hand Team also launched an initiative called “Join Red Hand,” which helps young readers by holding writing contests; donating a portion of profits to charities around the world (and then spotlighting those charities); sponsoring local soccer teams; holding adventure quizzes and stories and more.
The most recent activity was a writing contest on the subject of bravery and the young winner, Rebekah, will have her short story published in the back of Book Three of the series, “Legends of the Rif” (due fall 2013). This month’s writing contest will end July 31. For details visit redhandadventures.com.
“Rebels of the Kasbah” and “Wrath of the Caid” are available for purchase at Waucoma Bookstore and Klindt’s Booksellers.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge