Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Hood River author Joe O’Neill and Black Ship Publishing have introduced the second book in the “Red Hand Adventures” series: “Wrath of the Caid.”
O’Neill and the Red Hand Team also launched an initiative called “Join Red Hand,” which helps young readers by holding writing contests; donating a portion of profits to charities around the world (and then spotlighting those charities); sponsoring local soccer teams; holding adventure quizzes and stories and more.
The most recent activity was a writing contest on the subject of bravery and the young winner, Rebekah, will have her short story published in the back of Book Three of the series, “Legends of the Rif” (due fall 2013). This month’s writing contest will end July 31. For details visit redhandadventures.com.
“Rebels of the Kasbah” and “Wrath of the Caid” are available for purchase at Waucoma Bookstore and Klindt’s Booksellers.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge