Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Hood River author Joe O’Neill and Black Ship Publishing have introduced the second book in the “Red Hand Adventures” series: “Wrath of the Caid.”
O’Neill and the Red Hand Team also launched an initiative called “Join Red Hand,” which helps young readers by holding writing contests; donating a portion of profits to charities around the world (and then spotlighting those charities); sponsoring local soccer teams; holding adventure quizzes and stories and more.
The most recent activity was a writing contest on the subject of bravery and the young winner, Rebekah, will have her short story published in the back of Book Three of the series, “Legends of the Rif” (due fall 2013). This month’s writing contest will end July 31. For details visit redhandadventures.com.
“Rebels of the Kasbah” and “Wrath of the Caid” are available for purchase at Waucoma Bookstore and Klindt’s Booksellers.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge