Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Hood River author Joe O’Neill and Black Ship Publishing have introduced the second book in the “Red Hand Adventures” series: “Wrath of the Caid.”
O’Neill and the Red Hand Team also launched an initiative called “Join Red Hand,” which helps young readers by holding writing contests; donating a portion of profits to charities around the world (and then spotlighting those charities); sponsoring local soccer teams; holding adventure quizzes and stories and more.
The most recent activity was a writing contest on the subject of bravery and the young winner, Rebekah, will have her short story published in the back of Book Three of the series, “Legends of the Rif” (due fall 2013). This month’s writing contest will end July 31. For details visit redhandadventures.com.
“Rebels of the Kasbah” and “Wrath of the Caid” are available for purchase at Waucoma Bookstore and Klindt’s Booksellers.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge