Saturday, July 13, 2013
This month, the Hood River Library Book Club is reading “Mink River,” by Brian Doyle.
The community is invited to discuss Doyle’s fiction debut which brings a town to life through the jumbled lives and braided stories of its people. The discussion will be on July 18 from 6:30-8 p.m.
The HRCLD Book Club meets bi-monthly on the third Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m.
This program is free and open to the public during regular library hours.
For more information, contact the Hood River County Library District at 541-386-2535 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://hoodriverli-brary.org.
More like this story
- Library Tree
- Yesteryears: Phase one of new skate park slated to begin in September 1996
- Around the Gorge: Genealogy and more scheduled for Gorge-area venues
- ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ Friday
- Archers urged beware of fire dangers, note new regulations
- Idlewilde Cemetery ‘residents’ are not forgotten, thanks to Cemetery Tales
- Roots and Branches: Drums, song carry Minoru Yasui’s message forward
- Washington responders to get notice of oil train shipments
- Oregon Poet Laureate advising Celilo Park project
- Historic Highway trail piece opens Sept. 24
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge