Saturday, July 13, 2013
Teachers and STEM volunteers are encouraged to sign up in advance to get high-quality technology education professional development in the training at Columbia Gorge Community College in The Dalles.
Participants will learn ways to put computer science to work in their classrooms or afterschool programs. Graduate credits are available through Western Oregon University.
Are you an after-school enrichment volunteer, robotics coach, or interested in learning how to help K-12 students learn about computer science, technology, or robotics? SuperQuest welcomes enrichment volunteers — you don’t have to be a teacher to attend.
TechStart, Google and the Gorge Technology Alliance are bringing SuperQuest to The Gorge and other regions in Oregon.
“We are offering a range of courses in robotics and programming languages. Sign up for the training now, or attend more than one session of SuperQuest to take a new course and see more of your state,” said TechStart’s Chris Brooks.
n Learn curriculum to introduce to your students in 2013-14.
n Get insights on Exploring Computer Science curriculum.
n Earn graduate credits for professional development.
n Network with your peers in technology, science and math education.
Register up to one week before each session and attend the conference for just $50, including breakfast and lunch daily. Tuition scholarships are available.
Courses offered in The Gorge include LEGO NXT Robotics, LEGO NXT and Tetrix Robotics for FTC, Intro to SCRATCH Programming, and Beginning Game Maker. For details and to register, visit http://www. techstart. org/superquest-gorge/. For more information call Brooks at 503-476-3675 or email: chris.brooks@
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge